PDA

View Full Version : slipping backwards

sarahblonde32
17-08-11, 09:30
Hey, havent been on here in awhile, felt a million times better for awhile though it was a bad dream and bang...the familiar feelings creep back in. Tearful, worrying, tired, cant sleep, no motivation what so ever, lack of interest in everything, feel like jacking my job in and running off the Oz...although i have no money so cant do that anyway!!
i dont know why, i had a period where i was on top on the world..now im down in the dumps:weep:

anyone get this? feel like youre going backwards?

Ingenious
17-08-11, 12:11
The ebbs and flows of life, it is not uncommon for a lot of people who have fought back from depression or anxiety to have blips and bad patches here and there. I think a problem is that we hope and desire the good times to be permanent, but the truth is life is so much more complicated than that and it never cooperates!

When you're heading into a bad patch again it's important to keep in mind the good period you've recently had. Remember that - because it WILL return, think of the bad patch as exactly that - a bump in the road or a patch of oil - but the fact you've felt great before is concrete proof that you can get there again. In some ways your outlook now can really shape things - if you see this bad patch as temporary, then often that's exactly what it will be.

It's also worth thinking about whether there was anything that triggered this - any change in medication, and events in your life that were stressful? And don't be afraid to ask for help or see your GP.

sarahblonde32
18-08-11, 21:17
thanks, yeh i have been trying to remember how good i felt back then, but i just cant find that buzz again, i cant think of anything that may have triggered it, just life i guess, i picked myself up once.....i can do it again...i so hope...
sarah