PDA

View Full Version : Def having the cystoscopy

countrygirl
17-08-11, 10:35
I saw my Dr again this morning and asked if he really wanted me to have the test or was he just sending me for reassurance and he said that he would not send anyone for reassurance nowadays as they are under such pressure not to send people because of cost, he said he will argue very nicely with someone if they want a test he does not think they need.

He said that I should have had a camera years ago as my 30 yrs of having occult blood in urine could be due to poylps in bladder ( I didn't realise you could have then that long) and if so there is a risk of them turning cancerous in later life! He then said I don't think this is your problem I think you have leaky kidneys which you have been born with but he wants the camera so he can be certain.

So at least I know I am not putting myself through this test just for my peace of mind, he really wants me to have it done.:weep::weep::weep:

countrygirl
17-08-11, 11:09
Also interesting is that since I have been getting into a panic about this my ectopic heartbeats are back as is my racing pulse and my IBS is playing up and all of them were behaving themselves before I started to panic about the bladder things.

diane07
17-08-11, 11:17
My mum has just had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done, she doesn't suffer with anx but was shaking really bad with nerves before it was done.

Its bad enough having these procedures done when you don't suffer anx and panic, so how brave are you having the cystocopy done with it.

At least you know why you're doc is sending you for it and it will give you peace of mind once its done.

Well done you and we'll be here to support you.

di xx

ronski
17-08-11, 17:08
Country girl you will be fine. The main thing to do when having the test is to relax as that helps the urologist a lot and ensures that you have a positive experience. I agree the days of having tests for reassurance has long gone as the NHS cannot afford it. Also you have to think of the benefit v risk argument as some tests if they go wrong can have more morbidity than the illness feared. I am thinking here of a cardiac angiogram to check for ischaemic heart disease.
Your anxiety symptoms are because you have been unsettled in your mind about wether to have the test so now the decision has been made things should settle.

countrygirl
17-08-11, 18:21
You are right I feel resigned to it now but no longer guilty that I am putting myself through something that I do not need just because of my ha.

My Dr kindly gave me a prescription for diazepam and said take enough to calm you but not enough so you can barely stand up or they won't do it:)
Trouble is that adrenalin is way way stronger than poor old diazepam!

macc noodle
17-08-11, 19:39
Hey countrygirl - take the diazepam honey - my sis had to have an MRI scan and she was petrified so they gave her some to take - and she was fine - although not too sure if she had one more than she should have !!!

Good luck ................

Macc Noodle

Ddcoo
17-08-11, 20:57
:yesyes:I had a cystoscopy done a couple of years ago as I get recurring water infections ansd there is always blood inmy water and I had scans and x rays of my kidneys too and they did not find anything, so I just treat the water infections as they occur. The cystoscopy itself was fine,not at all painful, but I got a bit of discomfort on going to the loo afterwards but this soon passed. I send you my best wishes and I am sure you will be fine.