PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain in head. Can anyone offer some reassurance pleaserp

Natalie x
17-08-11, 11:08
Hi. Since I came into work this morning, I have had a niggling pain in my head at the back left hand side. It's kind of sharp and is really annoying. I sit at a computer and was thinking it is the way I'm sitting as my computer is in the corner so I am slightly twisted. I am starting to get the what-if thoughts. Can anyone offer some words of wisdom please? I'm hoping that it's just maybe muscular or maybe just a nerve. It moves up to the top of my head, almost like a shooting pain. Thanks x

Ingenious
17-08-11, 11:54
Yes it could well be to do with posture, it's amazing really how a muscle problem in the neck or shoulders can manifest itself as headaches. Even if not, it's good practice to look at how you are sitting and your posture because long term problems can be avoided.

I used to get a headache on my temples when working in an office due to the slight draft from the air conditioning, a headache sometimes from the headset, not to mention the stress (er, probably not call centre material really then :) ).

See how it goes, if you only get it when you get to work then it does sound like something there which is causing it.

Natalie x
17-08-11, 12:05
Thanks for your reply. I'm trying not to think about it - it's just really annoying and then of course you've got to deal with all the thoughts that go through our heads. Hopefully it is just the way I've been sitting x