PDA

View Full Version : Hello folks

Dredwing
17-08-11, 14:47
Hello,

I'm Ian and I've been lurking around the site for a while, I thought it was about time I joined you all :)

I'm in my 40s and have had depression and anxiety on and off for a number of years. My official diagnosis is GAD with Depression though I haven't seen a PDoc for a long time so this may well have changed though I suspect not. My particular anxiety, like so many it seems, is my health.

7 years ago I was really bad, spend some time the in Priory but slowly recovered with the help of meds, a great PDoc, therapy, friends and family. There was nothing like this site around though at that time and in many ways I felt alone, different and struggling with something others often sympathized with but couldn't really understand. This site feels like its full of folk who'll know what I mean and how I feel and whilst it's sad so many of us suffer it's great we have a place to gather and help one another.

I'm not so great again right now but this site and information, stories and help people are giving each other is truly inspiring and heart warming.

I've learned lots over the years and I hope I can help others with advice or just someone to talk to you'll know how they feel as well as getting some help for myself.

Looking forward to speaking to many of you :)

i@n

diane07
17-08-11, 14:49
Hi Dredwing

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

M155anthr0p3
17-08-11, 14:53
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the site, so glad you found us.
Sounds like you have been through a lot - you will get all the support you need here.

Emily xxx

linjoy
17-08-11, 15:11
welcome to the club!

venusbluejeans
18-08-11, 01:42
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

terror-x
18-08-11, 08:42
welcome to the forum