PDA

View Full Version : Hanging in there...

crieddyled
17-08-11, 16:47
Hi everyone, I have been working in Greece for the past 3 weeks, due to go home tomorrow. I have had a pretty bad time of it with the anxiety, but for some reason in the last few days it has stepped up something terrible. I have been panicking a lot - mostly I am afraid that the constant stress and anxiety of the last few weeks has 'broken' me and that I will go mad. I have been so looking forward to finally going home and now that it is nearly here I feel even worse!

I just need some reassurance that I am not going crazy. I think everyone here thinks I am fine - I am good at pretending like everything is normal. But inside I feel like I am falling apart! I just seem to get waves of fear all the time and worry I will go mad or do something crazy in front of everyone.

saro
17-08-11, 17:07
Hi There,

You are not crazy at all. You are in complete control of yourself. The only thing that anxiety has power over is the symptoms we get from all the stress and the fear that we feel. As you are feeling the stress of going home its inevitable that you will feel the anxiety symptoms but you will get through it.. because we always do.. keep smiling you wont go mad :)

Velma66
17-08-11, 21:15
I'm sorry you're feeling so rough-pls be assured you're not going mad, as anyone on this forum will tell you, you feel like you're losing your mind but you are not-it's just the flipping anxiety! Lol

You will be fine, you can get through this. Someone on this forum advised me yesterday "not to fight the anxiety, just try to manage it" - it works! That piece of info stayed with me today & despite feeling pants I managed my anxiety & got through it! It's exhausting but you can do it.

Take care of yourself x :)