PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get off this stuff?!!

Lizziesaurus
17-08-11, 19:15
I see my doctor on the 6th September and I want to tell him I want rid of this stuff. I'm back at 75mg and would definitely drop to 35mg then take a day miss a day before trying to come off again but is there anything else I could ask to do?
Obviously I know my doctor should know however he listens to what I say (he's good like that) and if anyone else has done anything to help get off it I'd like to mention it to him to see if it'd be a good idea for me.

I've read on numerous websites that taking prozac at the same time helps the withdrawl effects but other than that I can't find much else.
How have other people beaten this awful drug?

Thanks in advance :bighug1:

deepreason
18-08-11, 01:08
My own experience was that doing "on a day, off a day" with the 37.5 mg dose was actually worse than just stopping.

When I just stopped I had symptoms the first day that gradually reduced over days/weeks but when I tried alternating days the symptoms just stayed full strength. It was like doing that first and worst withdrawal day over and over again each "off day".

Due to the short half life of VFX I'd avoid alternating days, especially once you get down to the 37.5 mg dose as it is not available in XR form.

Also be aware that if you are coming off VFX in order to start something else like an MAOI or something, then taking some Prozac will mean you have to wait longer between meds before you can start your new one.

Best wishes for the withdrawal :)

cathycrumble
29-08-11, 23:39
I've just bought a book from my group sessions i go to its an orgainization called CITA it's called back to life and all the drugs are in the book and there are charts for each AD and how to withdraw .

cathy xx