PDA

View Full Version : Weaning off

Vanilla Sky
18-08-11, 10:31
How long did it take people to wean off Citalopram ? I have just gone down to 30mg two days ago. Started off with 10 then 20 , then up to 40 which i have been on for over a year. So doc has suggested i go down to 30mg for 2 weeks , then 20mg for a bit longer , then finally down to 10.
Is this what most people did when weaning off , I,d be interested to hear how you got on and did you experience any side effects ?

Paige xx

nomorepanic
18-08-11, 11:36
Hi Paige

I would say that was way too quick to be honest. I would reduce it much slower than that and stay on 30 for a month say before reducing again.

Vanilla Sky
18-08-11, 11:39
Thats what i thought Nic , might rebel and stay on 30 longer lol xx

nomorepanic
18-08-11, 11:41
Suzy Sue will reply if she sees this as she can tell you how she reduced down.

Elen
19-08-11, 07:17
Hi Paige

Dont know if this is of any use to you

http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepage.cfm?ID=1637482568

Elen

Vanilla Sky
19-08-11, 08:42
Thanks for that Elen . Think it is an individual thing weaning off , just the same as when people go on them , we all get different effects. Just hope it will be easy :)

Paige xx

Elen
19-08-11, 09:11
Fingers crossed for you Paige

Elen

suzy-sue
19-08-11, 12:14
Hi give enough time inbetween each reducion Paige .at least 4-6 weeks .It is an individual thing but its important to be feeling stable again before reducing further .I had severe side effects when I went on it .So reduced 5 mg at a time .I experienced .headaches feeling sick and dizzyness ,I also felt very tired .This lasted each time for a week or so .Nothing too bad .When I got down to the lower dose of 15mg ..unfortunately my mood plummeted very bad ,also had severe mood swings and it didnt get better .I have a holiday booked so decided to up again to 20mg ..I feel much better .So for the moment I will stay on it .I hope to start reducing when I get home providing things are good in my life .No good trying if you have a lot of stress .Wishing you good luck .Luv Sue x