PDA

View Full Version : need advice please

hiraani
18-08-11, 12:01
Put in a repeat request for diazepam only for the doctor to pull the plug on it and I don't know what to do. Psych prescribed them a few months back and now I have nothing to fall back on. Just left me a note telling prescription refused and to arrange an appointment, despite knowing I'm agoraphobic. I've called them 3 times and asked them to call me but they've not bothered phoning. :weep:

Geoff2301
18-08-11, 12:09
Unfortunately, diazepam is only meant for short term use as it rapidly loses its effectiveness after several weeks continuous use........ you can then also develop a dependency on them. I expect if you can discuss with your gp that you only want them for occassional emergency use, he may well give you a prescription but not if you're going to be using them on a regular basis..... I know its hard to believe but they do have your best interests at heart...... most of the time!!

deepreason
18-08-11, 12:39
My GP surgery does telephone appointments. Maybe you can book one of those with yours.

hiraani
18-08-11, 12:41
I have only ever taken them when I need them most, only on 5mg dose and have made one box last 4 months!

rooby
18-08-11, 20:28
Make an appt and go and ask your doc, explain that you have made your last prescription last so long as you only really take when you need to. Sometimes it is just knowing that you have one on you "just in case" that makes you manage to do without! I went in and explained this to my dr and once he could see I wasnt after them just cos I was addicted he had no problem repeating my script.
It might be that they just want to see you to make sure before they just prescribe. Also don't be afraid to be open to a different med if it is offered. The valium really are only a temporary solution.

All the best

GlenyD
05-09-11, 12:13
I am scared something like this is going to happen to me. I'm meant to be on 9mgs a day and have been taking a wee bit extra. Been noticed that I am ordering more often than I should. I'm freaking out that they're going to take it away from me as it's the only thing that seems to help and I think I'm addicted too.