PDA

View Full Version : New Pill/Bleeding Again!!!!!

krissybabes
18-08-11, 12:17
Hi there

Recently I have been having problems with spotting/periods starting early whilst taking Femodene. I went to the docs who said it is more than likely hormonal and changed my pill to Microgynon which I started taking 3 weeks ago. I started bleeding about 5 days ago (still got 4 days of pill to take until the break!!) and it is still going. It does feel like a period, but I am just freaking out that something is wrong!! I also had a smear test and got a letter saying they didn't have enough cells to test and I would get an invitation back in 3 months for another one!! Should I just go ahead and make an appointment anyway?? Freaking out about all sorts of different cancers :weep:

constantworrier418
18-08-11, 18:32
Hi

It does sound very much like your body is adjusting to the new pill and its induced the "period" early. I would go with what your dr have said and give it time to settle and hopefully it will correct itself. As for your smear I'm pretty sure (although someone please feel free to correct me) not enough cells means excaltly that - its not code for we might have found something, its because that didn't get enough to make an adequent test. If they were concerned you'd be called back asap.

hope this helps :) xxx

krissybabes
19-08-11, 11:42
Thank you so much for your positive thoughts!

It is hard not to worry but just got to think positive! I realised last night that when the doc told me to what until my first 'normal' period to start taking the new pill, that I went for 4 weeks without any bleeding so must be the hormones from the pill. Just don't realise how hormones affect your body so much! Will book an appointment for another smear for piece of mind! Thanks again :)

Gemma T
19-08-11, 11:59
Please dont worry. When i was 15 i was on a full blown period for 3 months with some days of spotting. My periods are so bad now i cant afford to come off the pill. I came off a while ago and my doc warned me not to and she was bloody right. It was so heavy and my pains were so bad i held my breathe and had to grip things. At 24 i was sent to the gynaeo and i have small cysts but are not cancerous. He explained that most women develop a cyst before their period which is released when they have a period. Im on cerazette (mini pill) so i dont get periods now and he further explained that when you dont have a period the cyst gets absorbed by my body then the cycle repeats.

Im loving cerazette. I get no periods. I might get some spotting if i miss a pill but it is so light. It also has a 12 hour window gap which is great if youre likely to forget. Spotting is possible on all contraception so please dont worry. Your body will adjust and its nothing serious x x x

FriendlyBrunette1986
25-08-11, 17:29
Ive been on the pill since I was 17. I am on Yasmin and its the best one ive ever tried (even though ive never been on anything different) I was put on it when it first came out and I havent had any pregnancy scares or abnormal periods. I have had heard so many complaints about that "M" one in lilac box? My step sister got pregnant on tht but she was also on anti biotics at time and didnt use condoms. I wouldnt go on the injection or anything because Im happy with my pill. It sounds like your body is adjusting to a new pill as anything when you try something new your body needs 2 adjust to different things happening xxx

swgrl09
31-08-11, 19:22
I'm on Loestrin 1.5/30 (not the 24 pill one, that was too low of a dose for me and i spotted all the time so we increased it). I used to be on Yaz though, and when I switched pills my gyno told me that it can take a few cycles to get your body used to it and it is normal if you have spotting for the first 2-3 cycles. So I wouldn't worry about it!