PDA

View Full Version : I ache ALL OVER today, wonder if I'm coming down with something?

CorneliusRuperTravis
18-08-11, 14:07
Hey guys,

WOW do I ache today! I have no idea how but I just woke up and EVERYTHING aches. I think it must have started off yesterday, I woke up then feeling like I had somehow scratched the back of my neck in the night - it felt like the skin was a bit sore and irritated. Thing is I spent most of the day ruminating over it, and I kept putting my hand back and touching it. By the end of the night I think I must have pulled something because my back and neck started to hurt and feel a bit stiff.

But today I've woken up and my whole body aches, my limbs...my back, even my stomach hurts, which I'm hoping is just muscular, it's not so bad now but earlier it hurt when I stretched or breathed in. It even hurt to lift my head off the pillow in the morning, I felt a "stretchy" pain in my neck. Not nice.

It kinda feels like the aches you get when you're coming down the flu or something, except I don't feel sick. Just weak, slight headache in the temples and I don't have much of an appetite. My glands aren't swollen either - I can usually tell if I'm sick because my glands swell up quite a lot.

Does anybody know if back and neck pain can trigger off pain in other areas? It seems possible, seeing as the spine and the nerves in your back are a major part of your body and nervous system. I haven't been doing any strenuous exercise recently, just a bit of moderate cycling on the gym bike, nothing intense though, we're only talking like 15 minutes :blush:

Anybody got any thoughts? I feel like I've been beaten up :D xxx

Worried_Male
18-08-11, 14:24
Think it may be anxiety related. I feel really run down some days.

CorneliusRuperTravis
18-08-11, 14:38
Think it may be anxiety related. I feel really run down some days.

Yeah, I did think of that. I had a bit of an excitable day yesterday, I was waiting for my result to come back from my university. And I got in, my preferred choice! I was really pleased, but I didn't sleep that well, was still awake at 2am. Maybe the excitement tired me out a bit, well, A LOT! :roflmao:

CorneliusRuperTravis
18-08-11, 15:22
Aaah, I can't stop yawning and my eyes keep watering like mad. I dunno if I feel ill yet, maybe slightly colder than normal...

CorneliusRuperTravis
18-08-11, 19:57
Just tried to eat dinner, struggled a bit but managed to eat most of it. I keep getting throbbing pains in my navel area, they come and go for a few seconds at a time. Dunno if that's related to muscular pain or if it's something else. I think I have a bit of a fever, my temperature feels higher than normal. I don't feel shivery though which I guess is reassuring...

CorneliusRuperTravis
18-08-11, 20:02
My throat kinda hurts, I feel like I've pulled something on the left side. I keep getting this dull, stretchy kind of pain shooting upwards. I'm worried it's going to affect my breathing =/

CorneliusRuperTravis
19-08-11, 19:59
Hmm, seems I was in a bit of a state yesterday. That's almost embarrassing to read back to myself. Ah well.

I feel a bit better today, for the most part. Woke up feeling almost normal, but by around 5pm I was starting to feel achey again. Still no nasal symptoms, but I have been getting this rather odd pain in my lower stomach. It kinda feels like cramping, tightness in the centre just below my navel. It comes and goes every half an hour or so, it doesn't last very long but I have no idea what it is. I don't think it's muscular either, sometimes it feels like I have to go the toilet or pass wind but the feeling then goes. It doesn't hurt when I touch or press it, which is reassuring, at least I can rule out appendicitis or something, heh...

But man, why do I feel like I have the flu when I don't? I just ache everywhere and feel tired. My temperature feels slightly high too, but not by much. My glands feel normal and my tonsils looks fine. Is it possible I just have a mild virus or something? my immune system is usually pretty good, it's not very often at all I get ill, maybe 2 or 3 times a year at most...thoughts?

CorneliusRuperTravis
19-08-11, 20:12
Eugh, JUST as I say that it happens. I was just sitting here typing away when I got a MASSIVE sharp pain all around my lower right side, EXACTLY where my appendix would be. It hurt so much I yelped and jumped out of my seat. (frightening my dog in the process who then started barking like mad lol).

Do I have something wrong with my stomach? If I had appendicitis or some over kind of disease would it hurt every time I prodded my stomach?