PDA

View Full Version : Don't feel any different

sophia_x
18-08-11, 14:10
I was on 10mg for a month and then 20mg for a month. I don't feel any different at all! I think i feel more depressed. Am I just being impatient? Can anyone say something to give me hope... x x x

Yorkman
18-08-11, 14:46
When were you last at the doctors, and what did they say please?
Do you feel any improvement at all?
Hoping you're ok.

paulst
18-08-11, 15:03
I would certainly tell your doctor how you feel, he might want you to go on to a higher dose. I currently take 40mg, this has worked wonders for my mood and reduced anxiety. Really hope you start to feel better soon.:)

cathycrumble
18-08-11, 15:17
Hi Paulst

How long you been on 40mg? I have been on 40mg for 4weeks now but been on cit for 8weks How long did you feel better after being on 40mg. I am starting to feel a bit calmer but still got my phobia and trying to deal with that . I think I am starting to get better. I hope so. xxx

Cathy xx

oldtime
18-08-11, 15:25
Cit is a really slow drug to work. It took 3 months before I started to notice a real difference. My improvement in state of mind has been very gradual and is still improving 6 months on.

As you start to improve it is really important to work on CBT, and getting back to normal life, having hobbies and learning new skills etc. Cit gives you a push in the right direction it helps to calm you down, it is not a cure.

cathycrumble
18-08-11, 15:31
Thanks Mohc

I just find it hard waiting to feel normal again and getting my motivation back. lol. I have had a letter through today about my CBT so looking forward to that.

Cathy xx:)

paulst
18-08-11, 18:54
Hj Cathy, I started 20mg of citalopram in December. After about 6 weeks I went back to see the doctor because my anxiety was as bad as ever, so I had the dose increased to 40mg and slow but sure I started to recover.
In June I dropped back to 20mg but felt edgy and had low moods almost non stop. I went back up to 40mg and soon started to feel better, which is where I am today.:)

sophia_x
18-08-11, 19:30
I saw my doctor after a month of 10mg and he said to come back after 3 months of20mg.

Im not having any therapy. I had cbt and saw a therapist last year when i was prozac.

I feel like iv taken so many steps back.I've hardly gone out at all this year.

My care/social worker dosnt uderstand me at all. Im telling her how i can't go out with friends and feel depressed and then she says something like 'so are you going on holiday this year?':mad: bloody pointless. She hasnt rang me for 3 months either and i certainly don't feel like talking to her about my problems. *sigh*

VickiS
18-08-11, 20:19
I would give it another couple of weeks and if you don't feel any better go back and see your doc

cathycrumble
18-08-11, 23:28
Hj Cathy, I started 20mg of citalopram in December. After about 6 weeks I went back to see the doctor because my anxiety was as bad as ever, so I had the dose increased to 40mg and slow but sure I started to recover.
In June I dropped back to 20mg but felt edgy and had low moods almost non stop. I went back up to 40mg and soon started to feel better, which is where I am today.:)

Thanks

I do feel a bit calmer so fingers crossed.

Cathy xx