PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Emotionally Numb

PinkGlitterx
18-08-11, 15:56
I realized that I can't feel emotions of happiness, love, excitement, etc towards my family, friends, boyfriend, and things that I normally love doing. I sure can cry a lot and feel anger, though. I want to feel all those feelings again so badly but I'm not sure what to do. What is this weird feeling that I have? Is this from my anxiety? How do I feel like a normal person again?

gregcool
18-08-11, 22:16
Hi pink. Ypu are not alone with these feelings. Im married 2 kids and over the last two years iv become, as you are, i dnt look forwrd to Anything , i dont have any feelings of love or warmth anymore. Towards all myfamily. I feel like i want tp just run away from myself and get drunk and die. I ,,, like you just want my old me back and the normal feelings that we took for granted so much , before we lost them, i had this years ago and felt it would never leave me or ever get any better, but it did... In time. So im holding onto that memory that it will go , but i know this dst make your every day life any easer untill that day. But it will go and You Will get your old self back. Time heals and you will . Chin up and try to be more possitive and remember you are not alone, i know how you are feeling.
Greg

HarvestMoon
19-08-11, 09:35
"When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I...Have become comfortably numb"
Comfortably numb by Pink Floyd.
Actually, I don't find it that comfortable myself. I hate it.

Here's hoping we can live again one day.

gregcool
19-08-11, 13:03
A to that harvest. Nothing comfortable about it. Prehaps we need some weed to feel that good. Lol

PinkGlitterx
19-08-11, 16:46
Nah, nothing comfortable about this feeling (or lack of) at all. To me, it's worse than pain. Weed sounds like a good idea right about now haha

gregcool
20-08-11, 00:00
Lol or something

Anxious_gal
20-08-11, 01:35
That song was in my head the second I read your post!
Same here, I think I am just exhausted, I have moments of when maybe a movie might spark some good feelings for me.
I don't have much feelings towards people, in the nice sense, but again I get my moments where I can actually feel something for another person.
I've had way too many people hurt me, so I think it's partly that too.
I enjoy very little at the moment, I look forward to my morning coffee lol and that's about it.
I have found the more I am around happy caring people my mood does go up, but they are super hard to find, most people I know only moan and complain (not that I am any better).
I think in a way I'm afraid to feel too much as I am feeling rather vulnerable at the moment.
looking back on old photos or videos helps spark good emotions in me and actually helps motivate me too.

PinkGlitterx
21-08-11, 17:31
I agree that looking back on old photos really helps. I do notice that when I think more positively about everything, my thoughts seem a little brighter and lift my mood. Maybe getting rid of the negatives thoughts will help.

angx
21-08-11, 20:17
wow i thout i was the only one and did not think it had anything to do with my HA all i feel is sad and anger my hubby thinks am mad and i think my kids do to i just want to feel happy x