PDA

View Full Version : How does anxiety know???

kinnygirl1
18-08-11, 21:52
Hi All

So husband and daughter gone away for a few days hol, my dad came to "look after" me for a couple of days - have had a very good couple of days with him, no anxiety at all really, so now he has gone home :-(. Already this eve am very aware of my breathing, have checked my pulse and had a couple of ectopic/palpitationy things and feel worried about being all alone in case I collapse or something! I really have been fine while dad was here and not doing anything different this eve. How does anxiety know???

Help!

nomorepanic
18-08-11, 21:58
It is not anxiety that knows, it is you that knows and are creating the anxiety yourself.

You are winding yourself up because you are alone that is all.

Remember how it was when Dad was there and create that same feeling now you are alone.

kinnygirl1
18-08-11, 22:04
I kind of know you are right Nicola - think am missing daughter, hub and now my dad and now feeling a bit isolated hence all my anxieties raising thier heads. So silly - its only for a couple of days!

nomorepanic
18-08-11, 22:30
you will be fine and you can talk to all of us on here as well if you want to

bluetopazgirl
18-08-11, 22:37
I agree with Nicola it's your thoughts because
You know how you feel when your alone, we've all been there! You will be fine I'm thinking of you x

kinnygirl1
18-08-11, 22:41
Thanks for that Nicola and novemberangel. It's just so frustrating and feels like a set back because anxiety has been so blissfully low the last few days! Dreading heading to bed as that is my worst time when anxiety is high!

Ella_Jayne
19-08-11, 01:19
Hope you're doing OK Kinnygirl. I know the feeling well. I struggled for a long time with being alone. It just made my anxiety soar. Kept worrying about the same thing, that I would collapse. I know exactly what you're going through, don't give in to those irrational thoughts.

Remember how you felt when your Dad was with you and now that he's gone you feel anxious because whether you realise it you're thinking and worrying about it. When I'm home alone at night, a good romcom or my Friends boxset usually does the trick until I nod off. You'll be OK. Nothing is wrong. It's all just anxiety.

Keep us updated. :)

kinnygirl1
19-08-11, 09:55
Thanks Ella Jayne - well I made it through the night and feel a bit more positive now that I have woken up to a nice sunny morning and only one more night to my family are on thier way home! Just hoping that the horrible feelings from last night don't come back this eve! I will have my sex and the city boxset at the ready!

Ella_Jayne
19-08-11, 15:40
Great to hear that you're feeling more positive today! Yeah definitely get your SATC box set out tonight. Have a bath, pamper yourself, anything to keep you nice and relaxed. By the time your husband and daughter come home you'll be feeling so proud of yourself and a lot more confident if you ever have to stay at home alone again. You're doing great! Keep it up! :)