PDA

View Full Version : Very anxious tonight :(

xBettyBoopx
18-08-11, 23:41
Not felt this bad for a loooooooong time.
My cat is being neutered tomorrow so I have to keep him in and he's not to have any food. He's a very vocal cat and already is doing my head in! Vets told me to keep him in from 8pm so I've had 3 n half hours of the howling and crying already. I can't go out to get away from it! I live in a small 1 bed flat!

Was already so anxious about how the hell I was gonna get him there 2moro now this on top. I have worked out my route to the vets but I have to go early and will get stuck in the works traffic.
OMG am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then go back for him in the afternoon, omg will never make it!!:blush::blush:

So tired of all this bullshit tbh, 36 years of my life down the pan!!!!!!!!

nomorepanic
19-08-11, 00:37
Els - they always tell me to keep our cats in the night before and I never do and they have always been fine.

There is no way I could lock them in they would be totally stressed out and freaked.

I would let him out but that is just my personal opinion.

You will do it cos you have to.

Good luck

suzy-sue
19-08-11, 00:46
Sorry your not too good Elspeth :hugs:...Your cat will eventually go to sleep ..fingers crossed ..x ..Dont forget to take some water with you incase you feel panicky tomorrow ..Traffic can be a prob but its school hols so not as bad as usual ..The anticipatory anx is always worse than the event Try to concentrate on what you see out the window ..Are you going on the bus or driving ?? Do plenty of deep breathing the counting usually helps too .....Good luck ..I will be thinking of you both and sending you lots of positive vibes ..Kick its agora ass and show it you mean business .Enuff is enuff ..ok ??:yesyes:luv Sue x :hugs:

Yorkman
19-08-11, 00:55
We let our cat out also. He is a nightmare if kept in. I am sure he will be fine if you let him out.

xBettyBoopx
19-08-11, 00:57
Els - they always tell me to keep our cats in the night before and I never do and they have always been fine.

There is no way I could lock them in they would be totally stressed out and freaked.

I would let him out but that is just my personal opinion.

You will do it cos you have to.

Good luck

I was thinking that if it got too bad I would let him out, but then if anything happened to him in the op then I would never forgive myself! Thanks for letting me know about your own personal experiences.

Els xx

Yorkman
19-08-11, 00:58
Has he calmed down yet

xBettyBoopx
19-08-11, 01:00
Sorry your not too good Elspeth :hugs:...Your cat will eventually go to sleep ..fingers crossed ..x ..Dont forget to take some water with you incase you feel panicky tomorrow ..Traffic can be a prob but its school hols so not as bad as usual ..The anticipatory anx is always worse than the event Try to concentrate on what you see out the window ..Are you going on the bus or driving ?? Do plenty of deep breathing the counting usually helps too .....Good luck ..I will be thinking of you both and sending you lots of positive vibes ..Kick its agora ass and show it you mean business .Enuff is enuff ..ok ??:yesyes:luv Sue x :hugs:

Thanks for replying Sue. I will be driving, it's not so much how far it is but the traffic, I panic when stuck in traffic. Of course I put up with them oh............30 years, so what's the difference 2moz :blush::ohmy:

Thanks for the positive vibes :yesyes: yes, enuff IS enuff:mad::mad:

Els xxx

nomorepanic
19-08-11, 01:03
Els - ok look at this way. You are not posting here saying "there is no way I can get the cat to the vet". You are saying you are going to do it though it is hard. That is an achievement isn't it?

xBettyBoopx
19-08-11, 01:06
Has he calmed down yet

Hey Yorkman

He is asleep at the mo....................ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL.

Poor kitty, can't tell him what's going on.

Els xxx

xBettyBoopx
19-08-11, 01:14
Els - ok look at this way. You are not posting here saying "there is no way I can get the cat to the vet". You are saying you are going to do it though it is hard. That is an achievement isn't it?

Yes it will be an achievement, can't wait for it all to be over lol!

http://img.gonetoosoon.org/file/scale__600x500/fb83f7ae47c2c8772be7ffa880bc290a/79179_1311895241.jpg

suzy-sue
19-08-11, 20:13
How did it go Elspeth ? ive been thinking of you both ..Luv Sue x:hugs:

xBettyBoopx
19-08-11, 22:14
Hi suzy and all repliers,

Joey is well and castrated lol! I did let him out last night cause 5 hours of crying got me down!

Now he's crying to go out again and apparently vet says keep him in for 2 days! OMG, just had a fight with him to keep him in as he tried to get out of this tiny lil window! Had to shut all windows now and am hot.

Journies there and back to vets were as I expected, anxious and panicky, couldn't breathe properly etc, but I done it. :yesyes:

Hopefully we will both feel better once everything is settled and he can go outside because that in itself is causing me to be stressed.

Thanks for your help.
Love
Els
xxx

debs71
19-08-11, 22:45
ohhhhh bless.......so lovely your cat!

I love cats and I miss my puss so much.:weep:

I hope all continues to go well for your boy Elspeth.xxx:hugs:

....and well done to you....you should be so proud of yourself!x

suzy-sue
20-08-11, 00:37
Well Done Elspeth ...:yahoo:So glad hes ok and you managed the trips .TWO IN ONE DAY IS a Big Achievement .:yahoo:.HOPE he settles down soon and you both have a well deserved goodnights sleep .He looks so cute bless him ..Big hugs for you both ..T/c Luv Sue x:bighug1::bighug1::flowers:

KK77
20-08-11, 00:48
So pleased for you Els. Well done :D

My friend's little baby Bobby hehe. He had the snip too and was literally climbing the walls wanting to escape outside :lac:

He's a real naughty little bugger but so adorable.

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n583/OKB1313/IMG00038-20100922-2154.jpg

suzy-sue
20-08-11, 01:52
How about getting somone to take a picture of you in your car Elspeth ,and submit it for the NMP BIRTHDAY CALENDAR ? I really think that would be a great idea .. :yesyes:Mr T my hubby says WELL DONE you did good....Luv Sue x:hugs: