PDA

View Full Version : Hello there everyone~

Min
19-08-11, 03:12
Hi~ My name is Marina, I'm 17, and live in the US.
I found out about this forum on Tumblr, and I thought I'd give it a try.
For as long as I can remember I've suffered from really bad anxiety. When I was a kid I had some pretty bad OCD tendencies and worried constantly. I was also a sexually abused kid, so that didn't help.

I recently decided that I want to get help. My anxiety keeps stopping me from doing the things I want to do and it scares me. There's so much I want to do in my life but if I let my anxiety keep holding back like this I'm afraid I will never accomplish it.
I decided that when school starts back in a week I will talk to my school psychologist. I'm kinda worried though...I worry that maybe she will think I'm just wasting her time or won't think anything is wrong with me or that my parents will find out and be mad. :/
I've never seen a professional (for a variety of reasons), but I do believe that I have OCPD and anxiety problems. I hope no one is offended about my assuming this, but I honestly believe it's 99.9% sure.

But anyway, I really hope I can make some good friends on here. Please feel free to contact me, I would like it. I'm a bit lonely these days anyway.

diane07
19-08-11, 03:14
Hi Min

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

eeyorelover
19-08-11, 03:17
Welcome to the site Marina!
Get as much information as you can and don't ever feel guilty about asking for help! You deserve to have a healthy happy life!
I know you will find lots of useful info on this site and a bunch of supportive new friends.
xxx
Sandy

daybyday
19-08-11, 04:15
Welcome fellow USAer. :)
You seem to already know your areas that need help, and are willing to take that step. And I sincerely hope for you to find the right people to be there for you.

venusbluejeans
19-08-11, 14:35
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome: