PDA

View Full Version : depersonalisation/derealization

samcook123
10-05-06, 07:44
hi, I have been suffering with symptoms of depersonalization and derealization pretty severely for the last 5 months now. This all started after a night of heavy drinking something I do not do very often... I remember waking up feeling like this and it has been with me ever since. I have had countless tests done and visited many doctors who all say it is anxiety. However this just doesn't make any sense to me how after drinking one night I get anxiety. On top of that I don't really have any other symptoms. I have also read other websites recently regarding depersonalization and some people claim to have it for years or the rest of their lives!! I can't imagine having to live with this forever! Someone please help me get over this!! Is it possible to get this without anxiety!?

Barb
10-05-06, 12:47
Hi Sam, I get this for long spells as well, especially when I am trying really hard with my anxiety problems ( and I suffer from agoraphobia) its the one thing that holds me back, its really hard going out feeling so weird and very hard to explain to my family, but it does pass eventually, I have it right now and often get it when I am not anxious, I just try to keep busy and ignore it (hard I know) there was an excellant post about it, last week I think I,m not sure where it is, but have a look around the posts and I am sure you will find it.
(You certainly wont live with this forever!!!!)

Barb x