PDA

View Full Version : No ones helping

imjustnotme
19-08-11, 12:04
Just been to my doctors and I basically poured all my worries out to him, was crying, in a real state, I could feel my throat trying to close up as I was talking to him and I don't feel any better for it. I left with one more work signed off from work and not another appointment with him til I start this stress class which I am currently on a waiting list for...so it could be months! Just feeling so alone in all of this...like no one seems to be helping me and even if they are...it doesn't feel like it's helping me. I wish I could just slap myself or shake all of this out of my body and get back to me and my life...feeling down, real down :(

Gemma T
19-08-11, 12:12
When your depressed nothing really seems to helps. Meds take away side effects but thats as far as they go.

Your not alone, I forever torture myself with health anx, depression, standards and expectations. The only people who really get me are those on here. Some people just cant get their heads round what we go through, its only through personal exp that a person can offer real help and sympathy. And thats what were here for.

My mum always says 'just dont think about it' quiet frankly i want to tell her to kiss my a**e and she hasnt a clue what shes talking about. What makes me more angry is she had health anx when i was young so she knows what its like. Yet no sympathy. Most people think there is a switch we love to turn on but its not like that at all. Even when we here what we need to our thoughts remain. But this will get better in time. Not overnight. I think this stress group will be good for you x x x

imjustnotme
19-08-11, 12:36
Yeah...I think you are right. I know it must be hard for those on the outside not knowing what it is 'really' like. I think sometimes Mums just want to see you get better and think that it will be a quick fix...I know my Mum tries to make me not worry or is constantly asking me how I feel today, am I feeling better? But my mood is very up and down...sometimes I feel happy and I feel like I am back and then the next minute I am right down the bottom again feeling terrible. I know it will get better in time but can feel like such a long time and then you start dwelling on time you have just let pass by...I have days that I can't even remember what I have done, some things are just such a blur! I hope so...it's some kind of hope for me x

Gemma T
19-08-11, 12:47
I found cbt got me back on track the last time I had health anx. All theraphy is so helpful. I think the key is beliving it will help.

The fact that this tress group makes you hopeful is already a good sign. I doubt it will take months to come through. My CBT took 2 weeks and my first session is monday. I live in east london. I think the demand for theraphy is diff in each area.

Im sure my mum wants me to get better but half the time I feel like she just shouts at me. Tbh she shouts and continuously moans anyway lol I love my mum and shes fantastic but her moods affect me sooooo much. Soon as she starts everyone in our house is in a bad mood. Id love nothing more then to live alone so i can just go about my buisness. Do you still live at home? How old are you? x x x

imjustnotme
19-08-11, 12:52
Yeah that's true! Good luck for your first session :)

Yeah I know what you mean...I think maybe they just get frustrated. I love my mum too, she is great but sometimes she only hears what she wants to...and tries to decide things for me I guess but I live away from home with my boyfriend and I am 21. I like having my own space but I also feel very alone at times...it's odd! x