Thread: Feel like my heart is jumping in my troath!

Feel like my heart is jumping in my troath!

Hi!

How is everyone!

Got a question sometime i feel like my heart jump in my troat.... its very bizarre some one told me that i was probably gas or acid reflux but one day I had my finger on my wrist to check my heart rate (someting that i have to stop doing) but then when i fealt this sensation in my troth i fealt in my wrist... so i panic! Could it be just gas...

Often lately i feel like someone has their hands on my troath squizzing...what going on ... is it just stress.... how can i get away from this ashfull feeling!!!!

I feak me out.... i wonder if its dangerous to have that.... oh boy.....i don't know how to relax myself...

Anyone has any clue?

Re: Feel like my heart is jumping in my troath!

Its common to feel your heart in your throat, you have a major pulse point there, so any palpitations will be felt there as well as in your wrist. The squeezing sensation is down to the fact that you are now very anxious about the heartbeat. Its only anxiety so try not to worry.

Cathy xxx

Also to nickie, strange you should say that about the meds you take for Gerd, because id been suffering with my stomach after taking betablockers (they are well known to affect digestion) so my doc gave me something for the bloating and pressure, and the ectopics id been getting for months disappeared too.

Hiya cathy

Mad eh, i have read a distinct connection between GERD & ectopics...So for the fact the omeprazole has treated them is brilliant xx

Quote Originally Posted by nickieb View Post
    Theses are palpatatons & since i have started omeprazole for reflyx & GERD they have subsided xxx
    Are those palpitations are dangerous?

Its really bizarre but i was taking a lots of Zantack for my heart burn and since i stop taking it... well i don't have as much heart palpitation!!! Could this cause that...???

The med you are taking is it naturel?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy V View Post
    Its common to feel your heart in your throat, you have a major pulse point there, so any palpitations will be felt there as well as in your wrist. The squeezing sensation is down to the fact that you are now very anxious about the heartbeat. Its only anxiety so try not to worry.

Cathy xxx

Also to nickie, strange you should say that about the meds you take for Gerd, because id been suffering with my stomach after taking betablockers (they are well known to affect digestion) so my doc gave me something for the bloating and pressure, and the ectopics id been getting for months disappeared too.
    So its not dangerous to have that...???? REally you think that the squise sensation is cause by me been anxious.... sometime i feel like someone has their hand on my troath ... very uncomfortable

Palpatations are apparently not dangerous..
    Omeprazole is not natural no but treats the GERD very effectively...perhaps if you think the zantack is making the palpatations worse then research it.

Nic xx

Quote Originally Posted by nickieb View Post
    Palpatations are apparently not dangerous..
    Omeprazole is not natural no but treats the GERD very effectively...perhaps if you think the zantack is making the palpatations worse then research it.

Nic xx
    Thanks Nic!

Omeprazole do you need a prescription for that... and i went to see a gastroendo...but he never did any test on my just told me to eat a lots of fiber for now... but in what kind of test they need to do to find out if you have GERD.

You do need a prescription for omeprazole yeah. Gerd i think is diagnosed by your doc, at least well he diagnosed me. xx

Thread Information