Thread: acid reflux or globus ??

acid reflux or globus ??

how do i tell whether my throat symptoms are from acid reflux or globus hysterics and does anyone know the difference between acid reflux and heartburn thanks

Re: acid reflux or globus ??

Hmmmm I am not quite sure how to answer this really.

I suffer with GERD/Acid Reflux. I take 2 150mg Ranitidine tablets a day for it and have done for a few years now.

With me when my reflux started out it was just like heart burn, constant burning in the chest. When taking medication though there isn't really any burning, just the feeling of fluid coming up into your throat often and the feeling of needing to burp which brings it up. When I don't take my tablet now sometimes I won't feeling any burning in my chest at all but get an irratating slight burning kind of sensation in my upper throat which reminds me to take a tablet even though I don't feel the chest burning! Which is annoying!

That is my experience with Reflux, don't know if that will help you seperate the feeling of Globus H though?

thanks for your reply, i dont get a burning in my chest either but sometimes i get a bit of a sore throat and weird sensations in my throat like like theres little air bubbles but dont get an acid taste and have these feelings most days does acid reflu ever go ?

I don't think GERD/Acid Reflux ever goes. People talk about changing your diets etc and life style. I've tried dieting in different kinds of ways but it didn't work for me. Infact I felt better eating the No No food compared to eating the so called good foods at times.

It's hard to say what your symptons are really, could be a psychological thing, could be reflux as not all people get the heartburn sensation.. Theres also Nasal Drip etc.

Do get a stuffy nose? Sometimes your nose can run down your throat and cause your throat to feel dry or sore. Then as well you might find you get more phlegm stuck in your throat.

Thread Information