View Single Post
Old 24-01-09, 17:41

Re: Emetophobia and Norovirus

Hi, Teresa. I'm sorry! I have one daughter, almost 5, and I won't have another because I'm afraid of s*** kids and it's hard enough with just one. I'm pretty sure Lysol doesn't kill norovirus, not the kind available at stores anyway. Lysol Professional might. Very few things kill it. Maybe if you explain that to your husband he'll be more willing to wash his hands. My husband is a restaurant critic and I just know he doesn't wash his hands before eating every time, or if he does he touches the sink handles or door handle and negates the effort. Drives me NUTS!

I used to work in the infant room of a daycare and didn't have any problem with s*** kids, but then my daughter got rotavirus and it messed me up. It really traumatized me. It reminded me of when I was in a car accident because I kept thinking about when it happened and re-playing that in my mind. The Psychiatrist told me I'd probably get better when she got s*** again, but last December she got it twice, just two weeks apart, and now I feel like we have targets on our backs. Even with all the Purell and wipes and sprays, she managed to get it, and she wasn't even in school! HOW did that happen!?

Anyway, it's hard to fear something invisible because it could be anywhere! I don't know how to handle it. Meds helped me with physical symptoms, but my brain refuses to give up on the obsession. I'm in a really bad way right now. This is a rotten time of year. I see all my friends falling ill and I'm just waiting for our turn. I'm really suffering.

I wish I had advice, but as you can tell, I'm not anywhere near recovered. I just want you to know you're not alone. (hugs)

~Laura