Thread: Does anyone else get quivering lips?

Does anyone else get quivering lips?

So good and bad news happening here. My eye twitch has for the most part completely subsided. Thank goodness, but I can still see my lip quivering on the side when I move my mouth in certain positions (smile partially, open my mouth half way). For all I know it could have been like this my whole life - I've never really paid attention, but I'm really nervous. I worry that it is a new development and something is wrong with the nerves or muscles in my face. I don't know if I should rush off to the doctor, wait and see if it gets worse, or ignore it and assume I have always had it. I realize ALS does not present with tremor, more twitches and rarely in the face, but it still worries me. I just wish I had noticed it before and then I wouldn't be so worried. I doubt I would have ever noticed it had I not been making faces in the mirror, but it still really scares me.

Re: Does anyone else get quivering lips?

I get twitching EVERYTHING. I used to worry about ALS but moved on to the equally rare cancer called Glioblastoma.

My nose twitches, mouth twitches, eyes, everything! A few years ago I remember my right cheek twitched for a second or two (that was weird)

But yeah, rest assured your twitches are down to anxiety/benign fasciculation syndrome

So it's not really a twitch. It's more of a tremor. For example, when I move my mouth a certain way, it doesn't twitch (like muscle spasm) it tremors (just moves a little in a quivering way until I move my mouth to another position)...kind of like when you're holding a squat and the muscles get tired and your legs start to shake. So more like a shake, not just a quick twitch.

FreakOutQueen

I know what you mean - I have that at times. You probably have low blood sugar or some other benign cause to explain it.

I'm a Pharmacy student at a large hospital which also treats ALS patients. When they're discharged, the doctor writes a d/c letter to the patient's GP, giving a background of presenting symptoms etc - and believe me, their symptoms are NOTHING like yours. You have nothing to worry about

Thank you for your reply!!! So I would attribute it to low blood sugar (which I suffer from) except no matter what time of day it is, I can make it happen if I look in the mirror and manipulate my lips in a certain way. I've also tried filming my mouth when I'm not looking at it to see if my looking has a effect and it will still quiver. The only solace I have is that I was bitten in the face by a large dog when I was in my teens and there is a scar right where the quivering is so I am wondering if I have possible nerve damage from that. If only I had noticed it years ago then I would know it was just a "me" quirk!

I have this! Exactly same issue - I've just PM'd you - I know this post is old so sorry for bumping it up everyone but phew, someone else who has this - OMG thank the lord!
    Not a twitch but a quiver when you move your mouth in certain ways ....

I get this too. When I put the weight of my drink all on my lip it starts up. Freaks the hell out. Pretty sure I’ve been suffering from BFS for the last year and health anxiety. Sucks. Constant testing and body monitoring.

I twitch all the time, and got to the point where I accepted it as anxiety. Even my eyeballs twitch on occasion, and while that worried me the first time it happened, that was over a decade ago and I am still here, still twitching.

I do all the time. I also have a tongue tremor which looks pretty freaky.

Oh yes the weird tongue tremor! I have this too. I’m pretty sure a lot of people get this but don’t think anything of it.

Thread Information