Thread: Misreading Words

Misreading Words

I have been having this really strange issue of misreading words constantly. It’s not just a couple times a day it’s literally every time I read something. Or I will switch the first two letters of two words like “frain breeze” for brain freeze. Or I will read “train” as “trait”. It’s really scaring me. I have had issues with sinus headaches since a teen. I currently have one now. Now I have put two and two together and am freaking out. Just hoping it’s anxiety messing with me. I’m a voracious reader so it’s not that I’m out of practice or anything. Super scared of “you know what”.. (brain tumor). I usually correct myself instantaneously when making these mistakes. Please help

Re: Misreading Words

oh my. when my anxiety is high, my whole body suffers. I will misread words, I will stumble over words when talking, my vision goes blah, walking, standing, shaking, everything. Its amazing what happens to our nervous system when we are on high alert.

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    I have been having this really strange issue of misreading words constantly. It’s not just a couple times a day it’s literally every time I read something. Or I will switch the first two letters of two words like “frain breeze” for brain freeze. Or I will read “train” as “trait”. It’s really scaring me. I have had issues with sinus headaches since a teen. I currently have one now. Now I have put two and two together and am freaking out. Just hoping it’s anxiety messing with me. I’m a voracious reader so it’s not that I’m out of practice or anything. Super scared of “you know what”.. (brain tumor). I usually correct myself instantaneously when making these mistakes. Please help
    If it was brain tumour or some sort of cognitive issue, you would not have been able to correct yourself at all. It is just lack of concentration caused by anxiety - then you misread more words which leads to more anxiety and so on...

Margaret Thatcher

Yep I get this a lot to. More so recently because my anxiety is high x

Thread Information