Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So I have Health Anxiety..... what now? am I going to die!?!?

Re: So I have Health Anxiety..... what now? am I going to die!?!?

Thank you so much for posting this, I'm going to try your steps and really try to stick to it. Reading this has really helped my anxiety a lot, knowing that I am not alone with my crazy health anxiety.

Smile Re: So I have Health Anxiety..... what now? am I going to die!?!?

I LOVE this thread. I really want to print it and post it on my refrigerator or something but I cannot as my boyfriend does not know that I suffer from this anxiety. He is starting to notice small things but I don't think he realizes the extent of my anxiety regarding my health. I will definitely use those suggestions!

I love this thread too. I wonder how she's doing? ;s xx

i love this post thank you so much for posting it when i was having such a hard day.

Im a googler, i physically go and look for fatal ailments and check the symptoms to make sure myself or my family dont have it, which is just stupid. I have GAD, it sucks, so what? Im still me and always will be and anxiety or no anxiety i will never loose myself.

My family have been so so supportive of me, and know what im going through did you know that 90% of us will go through this at some point in our lives?

We can beat this

OMG! I could not believe your post! My mouth honestly dropped to the floor! (Slight exaggeration, but really..) Mine just started almost exactly the same as yours and i never thought it was possible for anyone to go through what i did. I started in August stressing about spots / bites on my daughters skin and the road went exactly as you have described!!!!! I was totally obsessed. I suspected scabies but was turned away but doctors for 3 months! In the end i treated her (obsessively) and eventually it cleared. I am now in a place where i have experienced all the horrors of anxiety symptoms and worry its something sinister, mind you i have been through many bouts of breakdown in the past (different reasons each time, but always health anxiety) I too called an ambulance for the first time ever due to numbness and pins and needles in my hand / wrist!
    Honestly the similarities are huge, it blew my mind. Thankyou for sharing your story, as you know reading things you can relate to are a massive help.

I wish you well,

Kelley

I'm going to print this off and read it whenever I think something is wrong with me. Honestly, this is the perfect thing to read when you have yet another pain and ailment! Thanks so much and there is hope for us all! xxx

hi,nice post you have there,i think everybody can relate to that,as for me i think after 6 years of anxiety i had all thesymptoms written headache...(brain tumor),chestpain(heart attack) lightheadeed,dizzyness,unbalanced,blurring(high blood pressure,which leads to stroke)all of those i feared and worry..but lately after having spoken to a cuz with breast ca,i am fearful and worrying about itand eventually had some pains in my breast...so everyday i worry,check,fear...worry,check,fear this leads to greater fear worry and symptoms more symptoms...feel like ihave it:(

loved it...... hope u are well

I can identify with all of the above having suffered from HA for many years now.
    I've been through all of these stages and I wish I could say I've found the solution.
    What I can say is that the sting in the scorpion's tail has become weaker. In other words I don't react with as much panic and to every little symptom the way I used to.
    I look on this as a phobia. How do you deal with a phobia? You desensitize. Which isn't a problem when you have one phobia like spiders or rats. But there are so many hundreds of thousands of diseases to suffer from, one can't suffer through each and every one before coming to terms with one's fear.
    Still, in the last 18 odd years I've managed to get through a good few of the more common ailments so that I can almost relax when I have colds and flu, IBS, migraines. I still "over-react" and imagine that a cold could be something far more important...... but I can reason with myself now.
    I've been through the stage of going to the doctor just for reassurance and now I'm in a stage of denial; where I don't want to go just in case they do find something or even suspect something which will send me into a spiral of panic and anxiety. I won't even have my blood pressure taken in case it's not normal because that will cause more panic.
    And the panic over all these years has caused its own set of health issues. I go through stages of dizziness and feeling like my head is full and swollen. At first I imagined "brain tumor" but after a few years I realised it should have surely killed me by now.
    I've also gone the route of making an effort to be as healthy as I possibly can - eating right, taking supplements, exercising, getting enough sleep. That gives me some reassurance.
    But at the end of the day I've realised that everyone has some sort of twinge, ache or pain almost every day. Normally one wouldn't even notice it. Someone with HA will exaggerate it and make it into an "illness".
    Life isn't much fun skipping from one disease to another. I just wish I had the answers.

Thank you for this post, I read it multiple times a week, it sounds exactly like what I am going through as my anxiety was acute and this is my first bout, which after a month has improved tremendously. I have also quit smoking (over a month so far) and can honestly say I will never smoke again, and mean it!

I'm also eating better and working out and focusing my energy on the solution and not the problem.

Would love to hear how you are doing to date! Hope all is well!

SS

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information