Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared out my wits hallucination

Scared out my wits hallucination

I just had what I think was a hallucination. I went to make a milkshake and the milk bottle basically pulsated three times. The kettle was boiling at the time and i thought it may be the steam but I boiled it again to make sure and it didn’t happen again. I’m scared out my wits please anyone help me. Brain tumor side effect is this. Please help me. I’m on 20mg of Citalopram

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

The Top stretched up it was bizzare

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Anyone please?

Re: Scared out my wits hallucination

Let's be rational here for a second. You're an anxious person, so your perceptions are likely to be skewed and you might experience something like this and jump to a terrifying conclusion.

This wasn't a hallucination.

What could it of possibly been ? 😞

---------- Post added at 04:29 ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 ----------

The milk bottle genuinely moved in a strange way, That I’m sure was t real. It didn’t look real, almost like it was stretching upwards. That’s seeing something that isn’t there

Well its still there but distorted in some way. So, could it be more a visual effect issue than a hallucination?

Like how we can see spots when they aren't actually there but it's not a hallucination.

Were you tired? Hallucinations can be experienced for many reasons, it's not just these things people tend to associate them with on here, such as depression or bereavement. Certain sleep stages cause hallucinations quite commonly.

If it's a one off, I would chalk it up to the wacky world of anxiety. If it keeps happening in some way, it can be investigated further.

My eyes were tired but how is this not bad? It’s not normal 😞

But it doesn't mean it has to be something bad.

If this were in two specific sleep stages then it would be completely normal because there are many recorded sleep phenomena. There are some very strange ones too where we even play out physical activities from earlier in the day, for instance. So, if this were upon waking or as you were drifting off to sleep, it would be a normal hallucination anyone could experience.

What I was wondering is whether it was something visual instead. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on visual oddities will be able to help here. There have been many visual anomalies explained on threads I've seen since being on here.

I’m waiting for it to happen again �� I can’t cope with this, I can’t function with daily life when my anxiety gets this bad and I have three kids to look after and now I’m sure I have a neuro disease ��

---------- Post added at 05:01 ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 ----------

I was tired but I hadn’t been asleep or anything, I’d been watching the television

---------- Post added at 05:01 ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 ----------

I was close to going to the hospital

It's not happened before and there is nothing to say it will ever again.

Try to catch the catastrophizing before it starts. There is no evidence of anything right now as so little has been considered. Remember, hallucinations can be a symptom of even depression, so not too far away on the mental health spectrum we are on.

There is certainly no evidence of any neuro disorder. Be wary of letting your anxiety try to associate it to other perceived symptoms that have had you worrying about neuro issues before (weren't you testing your fingers the other day?).

If you are struggling daily to cope have you consulted your GP for options of therapy, meds, etc?

I’m not in any therapy at the moment, I’m just terrified.
    If it happens again then I’m going to be very worried. I told my sister and my mum who both said they weren’t worried but I really am. My brother had a brain tumor a few years ago and it’s plagued me ever since, I’m constantly watching and waiting for symptoms

I'm sorry to hear that, no wonder it's a prominent feature in your anxiety. It's interesting that your mum & sister aren't concerned given I'm sure anything suspicious happening that could sound anything like what your brother went through then they would surely be pushing for medical attention? That's something else to hang onto.

Something else to consider might be DP/DR. That tends to come at higher periods of anxiety, and it sounds like you are really struggling at this time, and it's not uncommon to perceive things slightly differently e.g. the ground might seem further away than it is, you can't focus on an object enough to understand it, vision seems like a tunnel, etc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information