Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tight Feeling in Throat help

Exclamation Tight Feeling in Throat help

Started on Saturday afternoon and went away that night but I was feeling like there was a lump in my throat and that breathing was labored. It went away after a few hours. It came back Sunday night after I found a bone in my food at a restaurant. Felt like I couldn’t swallow and like there was a lump when I did. Still able to eat and drink thank God even took an allergy pill two nights in a row. Tonight it’s been feeling like I can’t breathe all the way like it’s tight and restricted. Really frustrating and I’m spiraling into thinking about what if I die what if I have to go to hospital what if something is really wrong this time I’m very scared. I think I triggered myself by reading about how a girl in our community died of an asthma attack and I have asthma. Has anyone ever felt like this before

Re: Tight Feeling in Throat help

Yes I did and it was anxiety related. It took a long time to go away.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Have a read about it on here:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

Exclamation Need Some Clarity and Advice

Last weekend I had this throat sensation come and go twice and then Monday morning it came and it hasn’t went away. It feels like a lump is in my throat. Like there is something stuck and I can’t get it down. It actually might be mucus. Feels thick and like my sinuses might be stuffed but I can’t tell. I feel like I was triggered Monday morning from reading that a girl from where I live died from an asthma attack and I have exercise induced asthma but haven’t had to use an inhaler for years, the last time was when I had bronchitis and I think I used it for like three days until the steroids took care of the choking feeling. My husband says I’m not wheezing, im not coughing, im not waking myself up at night from not being able to breathe. I’m so worried it’s throat cancer or something. I keep googling and I know I shouldn’t but why would something come on literally over night and not leave me? I have a doctors appointment for Tuesday but I’m afraid something is going to happen to me before then :/

Re: Need Some Clarity and Advice

I’m sure you are fine. What’s your throat look like at the back? I’ve had throat issues for the past couple months and had ct scan done and everything. I’m all good but still have symptoms

That is probably globus sensation. Is it a thick ball in the middle? It's very common. If it doesn't go away in a few months, maybe get an exam. But globus is that lump in throat feeling you sometimes get when sad. It also relates to anxiety and can be mucus buildup. I get it a lot.

The back of my throat looks fine. Super normal and doesn’t seem to be closing or tight or anything....it’s so strange. I feel a little congested but it’s in my sinuses. It’s almost like I can’t grt air through them if that makes sense. I’m so tired of this.

I read about Globus and it sounds so depressing. My girl friend actually told me that that’s what this sounds like because her doctor told her she was experiencing it. It feels like it’s either at the base of my throat when I swallow or at the top in the back. Breathing feels funny too. Almost like I’ll swallow and then breathe and it’s a struggle.

I Had this so many times.... Went to so many doctors... Did a lot of tests and checks.... And nothing...

I can say that today I can make this go away by thinking and knowing it's a result of anxiety and nothing more than that.

Do the ceck ups... See that everything is fine... Calm down and start working on your anxiety
    Convince yourself that it's nothing (because it's really is) and the next time time you'll get this lump feeling it will go away in less than an hour because of your mind

It works for me now

Good luck!

Could just be some inflammation. Mucus is realised due to inflammation, which you will likely understand is part of asthma with inflammatory response, but it's just more your throat so not connected to asthma and could be an allergy or you even get this with coughs/colds and like you say your sinuses may be off.

If it was asthma, your breathing would be the problem.

And that asthma story is one of many, it's just because it's uncommon the newspapers jump on them like they do with any unusual cause. Asthma has always had this potential but some may have been exposed to major triggers that weren't treated quickly enough or were severe asthma sufferers which is a whole different ball game to most asthma sufferers (I've had asthma over 35 years, just been declared as cleared as the symptoms have abated but it may return in later life).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information