Thread: my pulse seems too low

my pulse seems too low

Ive taken beta blockers and then tonight feel weak so took my pulse with a blood pressure meter , it says its "51" , so I keep taking it and it goes between 51 & 54 ..........this seems very low to me . should i be taking beta blockers ?

any help much appreciated.

Re: my pulse seems too low

I would have a word with the your GP Mirry just for reassurance. My natural BPM is around 58 - 60 so when I went on beta's my heart-rate slowed to around 52.

It just makes you feel a little tired and heavy, I only take them now before meetings etc if I really need them, if I take them for a couple of days I can feel myself slowing right down.

TC

Jaco

thanks ,will chat with the gp .

Hey Mirry,

Don't worry. I think we are so used to being anxious with a racing heart, when we're relaxed and pulse is slower, then we panic. My resting rate last night (on BP machine) was 52. Mine is usually 72. I put that damn machine down and didn't think about it again.

I remember something that the doctor said to me once. If i was well enough to check my BP/Pulse, there's not much wrong with me.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

lol . thats true I suppose . Strange thing is , i went out and felt so dizzy with every step yet felt calm .

thanks

Hi Mirry - I used to take 3 x 10mg Propanol a day, but I noticed I was always really faint in the afternoons.
    It turns out I have naturally low blood pressure and combined with the beta blockers I was running out of steam in the afternoons - especially as your blood sugars tend to drop then too. My Doc said I would be ok to take them as and when I need them instead of 3 times per day so now I only take 1 if I am feeling particularly anxious.
    Have a word with your GP just to check you are ok to take them if your blood pressure is low but I am pretty certain you will be just fine

Mine runs in the 40's sometimes and the cardiologist told me that was fine. As long as you are not passing out all the time etc, a low pulse rate is a good thing

Thread Information