Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Okay, I have an update.

My blood has been tested for white/red count, platelets, kidney function, liver function, thyroid, and various other nutrients like b12 and potassium, and all of those are 100% fine. So It seems highly unlikely to be anything serious. (Am I right FMP?)

This is on top of knowing I haven't got Flu, Mono, or Strep. So a virus seems like the most likely candidate. Plus anxiety of course.

I now also have a referral to a neuro and an ENT, so hopefully those appointments go well, and I can finally put this horrible episode behind me.

Hello Throatgoat!

That sounds like great news to me it’s good that you got the ball rolling on the ENT/neuro front as well so that you can get some answers, hopefully confirming it’s a nasty virus.

I only managed to get an appointment for the 21/05, but I can keep an eye on things and see how everything goes until then..going on week 12 of this will keep people posted in case anyone has similar things going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbine17 View Post
    Hello Throatgoat!

That sounds like great news to me it’s good that you got the ball rolling on the ENT/neuro front as well so that you can get some answers, hopefully confirming it’s a nasty virus.

I only managed to get an appointment for the 21/05, but I can keep an eye on things and see how everything goes until then..going on week 12 of this will keep people posted in case anyone has similar things going on!
    Hey Sabbine!

Yeah I think it's great news! I'm feeling a bit better about myself now, but my anxiety still seems to be there for whatever reason. Hopefully now I know more about what they tested for, that information can get into my subconscious mind and it will stop playing tricks on me.

That's great to hear! I'm not sure when my appointments are yet, waiting for the phone calls, but she said the ENT shouldn't take too long.

Week 12? Jeez! I'm at 6 tomorrow, I know someone else who has a different kind of bug with more cold-like symptoms who has been sick for 6 weeks too. Something's going around for sure!

Hopefully we all feel better soon. For sure keep us posted! Would love to know how you're getting on.

Just posting an update. Feeling a bit better today for the first time in weeks.

Still having symptoms, but nowhere as bad as they have been. My mood seems a lot better too.

Woke up ever so slightly sticky, felt a little weak and off balance but have moment where I felt normal today. Hopefully this means whatever was attacking me and/or the anxiety is going away.

Still not heard about my ENT or Neurologist appointment yet, but we'll see what happens. I'm not going to worry about how long I might have to wait, because that will just fuel the anxiety monster.

I've just noticed something else that could be sinister, I seem to have white patches inside my mouth. Like the side of my inner cheeks near my molars looks pale/white in color.

It's where your teeth rub against your cheek

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I can't find any similar images on google (phew! Googling pays off) so maybe it's nothing.

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    It's where your teeth rub against your cheek

Positive thoughts
    More than likely! It sometimes gets a little irritated there so maybe that's all it is. Seems to be both sides too, need to see a dentist about my teeth anyway, so I'm sure he/she can check it out.

Positive thoughts, yes! I'm trying I promise!

Positive news: I don't think I had any night sweats last night. (I doubt it's cancer if they come and go right?)

I did wake up with a bit of a shiver/panicky feeling though, and am currently getting some chills, but perhaps I should quit drinking.

Still feel a bit off-balance/weak and fatigue too. But hopefully that will pass too.

Going to phone my ENT today to see if they got my referral.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Positive news: I don't think I had any night sweats last night. (I doubt it's cancer if they come and go right?)

I did wake up with a bit of a shiver/panicky feeling though, and am currently getting some chills, but perhaps I should quit drinking.

Still feel a bit off-balance/weak and fatigue too. But hopefully that will pass too.

Going to phone my ENT today to see if they got my referral.
    Well good news! And ask that question to your self and apply some logic mate and yes perhaps lay off the drink for a while and see how you go ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Well good news! And ask that question to your self and apply some logic mate and yes perhaps lay off the drink for a while and see how you go ATB

Yeah some good news indeed! The chills are freaking me out a bit right now though, they've gotten worse as the day has progressed so far, I feel absolutely frozen even though I'm in a room of about 21+c, and wearing 3 layers including a winter jacket.

Hopefully this is the anxiety (or last nights wine) doing this. I'm trying to tell myself it is.

ENT didn't have my referral yet, said to check back in a couple days. (Crosses fingers next time I call that they've got it).
    Last edited by ThroatGoat; 14-05-18 at 17:49.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information