Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast exam?

Possible breast indent

I’ve been doing so well with my HA recently and I really want to avoid going to the doctors as much as possible as I find that can be quite a trigger for me!

However, when doing my breast exam I noticed a ‘groove’ in the outline of my left breast. There is no puckering or dimpling and I cannot see it when I look straight at it, but I swear there is less roundness to my breast and more of a wave.

I’ve booked an appointment for 5pm today but I’m wondering if this might just be the natural shape of my boob due to aging. I’m 34.

I have no lumps or any other symptoms.

What would you do?

22F29660-B313-45B0-B483-C011D535D91F.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Possible breast indent

The photo isn’t clear when it’s small, but if you click on it to enlarge it should help ��

I had a dent scare in June, my dent had no lump behind it. It turned out to be nothing. Weight and shape hangers happen. The radiologist specifically stated that if it looked like a tuffeted sofa/chair then we need to be seen.

That’s useful and reassuring info thank you!
    My GP did s breast exam and said she wasn’t concerned. No ultrasound or anything!!! I’m still a bit worried but I have to trust her!

I was going to say most likely it’s nothing. Lumps and issues may even arise and the chances are it’s not a major concern. Glad doctor reassured you!

UK referral to breast clinic from gp

I have been to my GP five times this year with breast worries. Every time she reassured me and sends me away. I honestly feel that the only way I can get closure on this breast issue is to have a referral to the breast clinic for ultrasound.
    Has anyone been able to get their GP to refer them because of their anxiety? I’m really tempted to just beg her!

Re: UK referral to breast clinic from gp

Hello, I am not from the UK however, I do have a gp that really cares about me and understands my anxieties. I truly adore and trust him but my anxiety still wanted a second opinion, so he referred me to a big breast center in my area and I'm being seen this week. So I feel like its worth a try.
    But also, do you believe an ultrasound will help clear your mind? Or just for a few hours and then you will start doubting the ultrasounds, because of the possibility of missing something. I'm just throwing this out there because I am like this.

Hiya

sorry to hear you're struggling! its defo reassuring they aren't concerned but i understand you're still worried.

it may be rather hard to get a referral actually.

GP's don't refer you to places much anymore unless they really need to because of waiting lists and costs ect.
    but i guess it depends on the doctor

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

I don't know how UK works but here in the states if you ask most likely they'll get it done for you. They want the MONEY!

Anyone who has ever found a breast lump

Ok, I’ll afmit this straight off....I’m looking for reassurance! I know it’s a bad cycle but it’s better than googling, right?!

Anyway, I’ve had several “lumps” in my breast this year. Some I’ve just kept an eye on and others have been checked by my GP, but none have ever qualified for a referral to the breast clinic!

Yesterday I found a new lump that I’m worrying about, but given my track record of finding multiple lumps that don’t concern my GP, I’m wondering if they’re even “lumps” at all, or just fluctuations in breast tissue.
    So I wondered if anyone who has had a lump could describe what it felt like? Was it raised higher than surrounding breast tissue or buried within it? Could you feel the slidey, fatty texture over the top of it? What size? Could you hold it between your fingers?Any information at all would be great!

My boobs are not symmetrical so I cannot simply check the other one for reassurance!

What I’m feeling right now does feel like rubbery breast tissue, embedded and at the same height as the rest of the tissue. but is perfectly round with obvious edges. Unlike the rest of my breast tissue which is mostly ropey and sausage shaped. It is about the size of my finger pad.
    Last edited by Limeslime; 20-09-18 at 16:18.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information