Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast exam?

Re: Anyone who has ever found a breast lump

Ok. Period has been and gone and the lump is still there. I really think it might just be breast tissue but it feels larger and rounder than my other breast tissue.
    I’m supposed to be going to a wedding fayre today and booking our wedding venue. I should be super excited but this ‘lump’ is like a dark cloud over me.
    I’ve managed to get a GP appointment for Wednesday. But I feel silly because this same GP seen me in August and did a breast exam then.
    Oh well. I’ll not get closure any other way.

It sounds like completely normal breast tissue, you are just hyper aware of every lump bump mark etc, I really wouldn't worry, go to your wedding Fayre today and try not to think about it, I now it's easier said than done, I wish I could take my own advice, but honestly what you have sound perfectly normal, I'm avoiding Drs at the moment you are very brave to keep going they make me feel physically sick if I never have to go to the Drs again in my life it will be to soon xxx

Thanks Herbie. I went through a phase where I was at the doctors every week. I hated going, I felt so ashamed, but they gave me the reassurance I desperately needed!
    I havnt been for two months now. A personal record since my HA started, and I really wish I could get closure another way, but I cannot think of one!

Don't feel ashamed that's what they are there for, I just think you are braver than me because I seem to have gone the opposite way now I'm trying to avoid the Drs, xxxx

Maybe you should go. They can help! I often leave feeling so reassured, like a weight has been lifted!

3 days post period, and I can barely find the lump now!!! I think it was definitely just a fibrocystic change due to my monthly cycle. Gosh, it’s hard being female!!!
    So relieved!!!

Axillary lymph nodes

I’m overweight, yet I can feel some tiny nodules under my right armpit. They’re firm, but mobile, and probably about 5mm.
    I cannot feel the same on the other side.
    I’ve read that I shouldn’t be able to feel these.

I’m trying not to go into panic mode. I once found a similar node in my neck, and my GP told me that they are only worrisome if they get bigger than 1cm or fixedbor painful.

Anyone know better f the same applies with auxiliary nodes? I really don’t wanna trouble my GP if this is just another HA episode.
    Also, I didn’t have to dig to find them...I just pinched a tiny bit of skin and there they were!

Re: Axillary lymph nodes

Well... You do have a bit of an obsession for armpit stuff and there's "I've read" = Dr. Google thing going on here too so

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Well... You do have a bit of an obsession for armpit stuff and there's "I've read" = Dr. Google thing going on here too so

Positive thoughts
    I respect your opinions as I know you know a lot about lymph nodes. Does the same rule apply to all lymph nodes regardless of where they are on the body? (By that I mean that they are only considered swollen if they are bigger than 1cm?)

Yes, I know I’m a nuisance. But I’m currently sitting in a shopping centre feeling like I want to cry over this. It’s been a long time since my HA has had me quite THIS panicked! So please, if there is any advice you can give me about this, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    I respect your opinions as I know you know a lot about lymph nodes. Does the same rule apply to all lymph nodes regardless of where they are on the body? (By that I mean that they are only considered swollen if they are bigger than 1cm?)

Yes, I know I’m a nuisance. But I’m currently sitting in a shopping centre feeling like I want to cry over this. It’s been a long time since my HA has had me quite THIS panicked! So please, if there is any advice you can give me about this, please do.
    Ok. I challenge you. Based on the below statement, and this is true of any cancer, and the fact that this has been a worry for well over 6 months, what is the answer to your worry?

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information