Thread: 3rd week more anxious more aggressive making my boyfriends life a nightmare :(

3rd week more anxious more aggressive making my boyfriends life a nightmare :(

3rd week on these. More anxious and more aggressive making my boyfriends life a nightmare :(.. Im overly sensitive and my boyfriend says he doesn't know how long he can keep being my mental bunch bag. he says im not making much sense either. I'm worrying about silly stuff. I cried for nearly 3 hours the other night.And get really defensive When i get really upset or anxious with him i cant seem to shut my mouth and let it go over my head.I end up threatening him or wanting t hit him. I know its not right and im pushing him away:( My boyfriend thinks im worse on there tablets. I take 50mg setraline in the morning and 50mg of amilitryptaline before bed for insomnia.Still waiting for councelling to.
    I have tried loads of different meds and aware you can get worse a bit before better...has anyone else experineced the snappy aggresiveness and rediculious parania/anxiety?

Re: 3rd week more anxious more aggressive making my boyfriends life a nightmare :(

Hi Sunset30

Getting used to these meds can be really tough. It took me four weeks for the side effects to go and five weeks to feel better. You have done really well to get through the three weeks, so you should start to see an improvement soon. I honestly felt like giving up as I felt no improvement at all in those first few weeks, but am SO glad I stuck it out as I am now so much better.

I felt constantly on edge, paranoid, hated going anywhere or doing anything, but that has all gone now and I am pretty much back to normal. What really bothered me was the thought of people picking up on the fact that I wasn't right as I felt so awful and the thought of others knowing just made me feel even worse. I have been 'labeled' in the past and just can't face the thought of it happening again.

Stick with it Sunset30 as you are probably very close to an improvement now. Love your avatar by the way. I saw this one when I chose mine and am really pleased Mrs Doyle is now on here!

Tyke

Re: 3rd week more anxious more aggressive making my boyfriends life a nightmare :(

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
    Hi Sunset30

Getting used to these meds can be really tough. It took me four weeks for the side effects to go and five weeks to feel better. You have done really well to get through the three weeks, so you should start to see an improvement soon. I honestly felt like giving up as I felt no improvement at all in those first few weeks, but am SO glad I stuck it out as I am now so much better.

I felt constantly on edge, paranoid, hated going anywhere or doing anything, but that has all gone now and I am pretty much back to normal. What really bothered me was the thought of people picking up on the fact that I wasn't right as I felt so awful and the thought of others knowing just made me feel even worse. I have been 'labeled' in the past and just can't face the thought of it happening again.

Stick with it Sunset30 as you are probably very close to an improvement now. Love your avatar by the way. I saw this one when I chose mine and am really pleased Mrs Doyle is now on here!

Tyke

Aww thank you for the lovely reply Tyke.
    I am finding it difficult becuase i don't realise how aggitated i am getting around people . My sister just called with my niece and nephew and started to get more aggitated. Its a horrible way to feel as they probably think i am being rude but im not.
    Me and my boyfriend nearly split up 3 days ago as he is at his wits end...he can't deal with me and must be getting him down to. :(
    My boyfriend is my rock but the i havent got any patients for him or anyone else at all. Can't handle any critisium or being talked at as it overwhelms me. My partners father is offering to pay for me and my boyfriend to go to somewhere on holiday like Egypt. Which is a really lovely kind thing to do and im really anxious and not sure how im going to cope when im away, as i rarely leave the house. I wonder if theres anything the doctor can give me to deal with the anxiety while im away?
    My hands get a little shaky aswell. No sex drive. I want to be around people but cant.

Im wondering if it will help if my dose needs to be increased to 100mgs instead of 50mg

Can i ask you what you take sertraline for and what conditions do you have?
    x
    ps i loves misses doyle shes so funny!

You can ask your Dr. for some anxiolytic/sedative like Xanax or Rivotril but they are addictive and should not be taken for a long time (more than 5-6 weeks). I feel the same nervousness and agitation, i am taking 100mg sertraline for 12 days now but these moments tend to calm down so don't worry.

Hi as an Irish gal love the mrs doyle pic....i was on 50mg setraline a few days ago was crying uncontrollably and the doc upped to 75mg since i started on these i have had constant head pressure but im glad you don't I got angry with my ex partner yesterday and pushed her...im never like that ....but im sticking with them...i couldnt handel another ad change at the moment as im very low alone with 2 small kids...im not sleeping either....they want to see if an increase too will increase the pressure and i feel it is...but i have had a v stressfull few days too as my ex wants us out of her house that she rents to me.....all the best...enjoy your holiday have a rest for me..
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by sunset30 View Post
    My partners father is offering to pay for me and my boyfriend to go to somewhere on holiday like Egypt. Which is a really lovely kind thing to do and im really anxious and not sure how im going to cope when im away, as i rarely leave the house. I wonder if theres anything the doctor can give me to deal with the anxiety while im away?

Can i ask you what you take sertraline for and what conditions do you have?
    x
    ps i loves misses doyle shes so funny!
    Yeah, Mrs Doyle is fantastic. You've cheered both me and Linda up there!

It is very generous of your partners father offering to pay for a holiday for you both. He must really like you. Think about what sort of holiday you would find easiest to cope with so you can reduce as much worrying about it beforehand as you can. You will feel better about it if you can shape things a bit yourself rather than going along with whatever is suggested. Remember the holiday is for both of you to enjoy!

I was originally given Propranolol for anxiety symptoms - trembling, dry mouth, poor concentration etc. These helped a bit but my mood was so low and I just felt physically ill all the time. I felt like my body would explode it felt so tense. I just felt miserable all the time, so much so that I didn't want to see anyone or go anywhere. Sertraline finally improved my mood and I started to function normally again.

Linda - Hope things improve for you soon. Given the fact you have two young children, you should get priority as regards housing. Could your GP write a letter for you to help you get accomodation sorted?

Tyke

Hi Tyke i think he will but all the council houses that are here are in rough estates...but I have to be greatful whatever...I don't think I have ever felt so lost in all my life....do you think crying is good like a release...i suppose it would be worse if i felt deep sadness like a few weeks ago and couldn't cry the kids are not here until tmrw so I hope its stops before they come back...thanks T Linda

Thread Information