Thread: Hi I'm Sarah

Hi I'm Sarah

Hey there,
    I'm 23 from Australia and have suffered from anxiety/depression since I was 15 (aprox) I'm sure I was suffering before then but that is the age that is most prominent in my memory as it was when I was prescribed the anti-depressant Zoloft so I have been taking Zoloft for 8 years and found that it can be helpful but I sometimes wonder if it's mostly psychological...as I have gone off it once for a month or so and it affected me quite badly, I'd really like to not be on this drug forever although my mother has been on it for many years.
    I suffer from shakiness, dizziness, tingling, numbness and panic attacks and it can be really debilitating and scary. I often worry about my health but also have weeks and even months when I don't worry at all. I decided to join this web site to speak to other people in the same situation to better understand this illness and give any advice I can along the way. This website has helped me with so many issues and so many worries I've had to work through and almost all of my symptoms I get seem to subside after some time...and it's always things I think will never go away. I seem to get one symptom and then another and I will often relate them to each other and think the worst. I find it hard to work as my anxiety really affects me and my confidence in dealing with life everyday, I love life and don't want to die but I constantly am overtaken by this debilitating illness.
    Look forward to chatting to all of you and hope you will all find ways to deal with these terrifying worries and feelings...
    Last edited by Sarahjosephine; 22-11-11 at 21:55. Reason: New symptoms

Hi Sarahjosephine

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hi I'm Sarah

Hi Sarah welcome to the forum, Im very glad you have found us.

Hello Sarah ,

I am also 23 , I have recovered from anxiety now , it was short lived but i will not forget it . You will get over it . There is hope ! xx

ya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information