Thread: 5 Day Chat Wait Is NOT Ideal.

5 Day Chat Wait Is NOT Ideal.

Was glad to find site that works on iphone but 5 day wait for chat room is not what people need when seeking quick help during attack times. If you have issues with site attacks I would be glad to help in creating a different way to protect your site. I have over 20 years in tech support and a 5 day waitinig period is not the best way and goes against 'panic' attack help seekers.

Re: 5 Day Chat Wait Is NOT Ideal.

u cant get in on chat tho on iphone. x

Giving users instant access to chat when they register would leave it open to abuse from spammers and idiots. There is a reason the 5 day wait is there, plus there is lots of help and advice on the forums for those that are waiting.

If they want quick help there are plenty of numbers to call, samaritans, no panic. Its only a forum :L

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Yes in support of the forum, a lot of people do an awful lot of work both on the forum and behind the scenes to keep this running - and to keep it free to access. However it is a forum and chat room and not an official support service - it is not a substitute for professional medical help if you are needing urgent support and you should not rely on it for that, nor make any demands of it. If a five day wait is required it is done for very good reasons.

Also bear in mind that everyone on the site ( staff and members ) are just fellow sufferers. They can sympathise with you and offer some help and advice, but are not medically qualified, which is why you should always seek professional help from your doctor / therapist etc...

Quote Originally Posted by mcalldp View Post
    Was glad to find site that works on iphone but 5 day wait for chat room is not what people need when seeking quick help during attack times. If you have issues with site attacks I would be glad to help in creating a different way to protect your site. I have over 20 years in tech support and a 5 day waitinig period is not the best way and goes against 'panic' attack help seekers.

Strange first post ..I see you never introduced yourself before you posted on here Critisizing ....Maybe you should phone a friend if you are in desperate need for help .Sue

What an odd post.

We have this rule in place not only to protect the site but also the members who use it.

I find it extremely odd that if someone needed support so badly, they didn't ask for it on the forum as it has everything that chat can offer and more.

Lisa

very odd post to say the least, as this member seems to be the only one who can get nmp to work on an i phone, if chat works even after 5 days on his i phone ill eat my hat

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Thread Information