Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 months of ache/pain

3 months of ache/pain

Hi, I started getting an ache in my upper right quadrant at the start of June upon twisting round or putting weight onto the area, since then I have seen the gp about 10 times and now I'm terrified I have something seriously wrong because it's still there only it's all the time ache/pain feeling. The gp said she thought it was muscular and gave me a gel but didn't do anything, the next gp I saw gave me strong pain killers which to be honest paid the pain a lot worse. The next gp then sent me for an abdominal ultrasound and had my bloods done both came back normal, the next gp then said there's nothing more they can do as it has to be muscular. I went back again last week and he warned me about how many times iv been in the last 2 months and I have to stop I feel helpless now as this pain is really making me down it's like a burning pain and seems to relieve when I eat for an hour or so at least. My bowels are normal, everything is normal except this dam pain. I am pretty sure it could be an ulcer but the gp won't have it because he thinks it's just anxiety. I don't get woken up at night infect that's the only full time relief I get and the minute I wake up I'm waiting for the pain and thinking about it every second all day long. Feel like I can't go the doctors anymore and I know I'm just a waste of there time If I could getnthis stomach pain sorted I'd be ok

Re: 3 months of ache/pain

I went back to gp yesterday and shes now put me on 40mg omeprazole a day to treat a stomach ulcer???? she said if things dont improve within 2 weeks to go back and i will have to go for an endoscopy! Now im really scared i know something is seriously wrong.

Calm down mike ! I have been through this many times and going through more bowl problems But the worst thing you can do is worry yourself into things like cancer and other serious problems As your ultrasound was clear and blood tests an your don't have any bowl symtoms such as diarrhea and blood in your stools i would not be concerned , It does sound like a possible ulcer or Acid Reflux Which omeprazole is very good for See how you are in a few weeks ,But DONT worry yourself As anixety can worsen symptoms and even cause them

Also muscle strains can last a long time as i have had back and neck aches and even stomach aches for 4 -5 months at a time before ending ... Anixety can cause Pains That are very real trust me i have had them for years untill i stopped worrying and feeding the anxiety symptoms... but untill you stop worrying they won't go away.

Thanks Lee, yesterday was the best day so far even though I still felt the ache it was ok up until late afternoon when it felt like I'd been ran over by a bus. Convinced myself I was ok yesterday and felt great but this morning having woken up still thinking of the ache iv got it again and I googled colon cancer symptoms and now I'm back to square one. Feel awful and convinced iv got cancer, another symptom iv developed in the last 2 days is a bit of back pain. Think these omeprazole are a waste of time I'm panicking it could be to late if I don't get a diagnosis soon.

Went back and had to see a different gp who has decided he's not worried about my abdominal pain and I need to do some cbt, I am extremely down now as the pain is making me feel so low and the doctors are just dismissing me as another anxiety case wish someone would listen and help before it's to late

Quote Originally Posted by mike2512 View Post
    I went back to gp yesterday and shes now put me on 40mg omeprazole a day to treat a stomach ulcer???? she said if things dont improve within 2 weeks to go back and i will have to go for an endoscopy! Now im really scared i know something is seriously wrong.

I had similar pains and digestive issues many years ago Mike .I worried myself sick like you are doing now .I had the year fron hell with my digestive tract /bowel ..One min they thought I had an ulcer ,then Gallstones Then they gave me the tests,Endoscopy /sigm.. and diagnosed IBS ..The Omeprazole will work ..just try to relax properly and maybe look on the Ibs page for some dietry info .Anxiety affects the Digestion system then that causes yet more Anxiety .Before you know it you are in a never ending loop of Anxiety and symptoms .T/c Sue x

If they think you have stomach ulcers, have they even tested you for helicobater/h-pylori, which is the known cause for ulcers? I know that anxiety can be rough and make us feel a lot of things that just aren't there. HOWEVER I kept being told it was just anxiety and not only did I have H pylori and GERD and low functioning GB and gallstones and infection!!!! Like Suzy, I had GI hell and it escalated my anxiety to the point I wanted to die.

If you are in pain you should know the difference between that and anxiety. Be persistent. Go back to the original Doctor that gave you the PPI so you can get a scope done. While they are in there make sure they biopsy for H-Pylori!

Also don't stop taking the PPI if it helped. PPI's are known to cause back pain by the way, so that is probably what is going on there. Not to mention the problems from what ever is going on in your gut can cause a lot of anxiety, chest pain which radiates to the back etc etc.

I opted to do CBT, accupuncture and hypnosis on my own because being so sick for so long gave me health anxiety. If it is any consolation, my therapist after five months told me just last week that she couldn't see any real underlying issue for my anxiety besides the physical trauma my body had went through topped off by Doctors ignoring and not nurturing me when I was so sick. My anxiety is nearly gone now that all that crud in my gut is fixed!

A lady on another forum has went through nearly the same thing. She described it as the chicken or egg situation. You aren't really sure which came first, the anxiety or the GI issues. My original Doctor had convinced me that it was anxiety even though I kept going back with physical pain. Turns out when they removed my GB a couple of months ago, the surgeon told me that he felt my problems had been going on for YEARS. My duct work to my stomach were scarred from stones and "old" infection. Looking back it all makes me just cringe that nobody would listen to me. I REALLY WAS PHYSICALLY ILL. Not that you have GB issues but the H pylori is a nasty critter for some folks. It can cause GERD and pain and anxiety so make sure they check you out well!

You take the time and write down everything you feel and then go back in and tell that Doctor that your quality of life is s**t and you want an answer besides being tossed to the side into an anxiety category! You may very well have anxiety and always will but again you should be able to work out what is real pain and what is in your head.

Thanks guys, I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow as I can tell the difference between real pain and the effects of anxiety I'm also really scared about having a scope down well
    More scared of them finding cancer it's my worst nightmare.

The scope isn't bad at all. I just had one a few weeks ago. You will worry less about the scope and it will be over and done with in 20 minutes than how bad you are worrying about the "what if". At least if you have it done then you can treat any issue that is there or you accept it as anxiety and treat that. Let us know what the Doctor suggests.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information