Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3 months of ache/pain

Re: 3 months of ache/pain

6 months have now passed and I still have this constant ache the doc said its irritable bowel but I know it's not cos the ache is in my upper right quadrant just below my rib, if I press there I don't feel no pain unles I press real deep am it feels like the ache when u press on your bladder. Convinced I have cancer now and very scared the docs just keep dismissing it as anxiety but I know the difference between that and a constant ache :(

Quote Originally Posted by mike2512 View Post
    6 months have now passed and I still have this constant ache the doc said its irritable bowel but I know it's not cos the ache is in my upper right quadrant just below my rib, if I press there I don't feel no pain unles I press real deep am it feels like the ache when u press on your bladder. Convinced I have cancer now and very scared the docs just keep dismissing it as anxiety but I know the difference between that and a constant ache :(
    Hi Mike
    Sorry you are suffering mate .
    I,ve read all your posts and my thoughts are .....

you have now had this worry for 6 months , had blood tests done and all has come back fine .
    You have also said in one of your posts you have put on half a stone ?...
    If it was anything more synister you would be loseing weight and feeling very unwell by now .
    Thats what my Doctor told me mate .

I had a pain in my shoulder / lung area last year and was a smoker at the time , it lasted 5 months , then went down my arm , i worried so much i had cancer it wrecked my stomach with over acid production ,which burnt my throat etc etc , then my lyph nodes swelled up under my arms , more hospital visits etc etc , then i couldn,t swallow and food was getting stuck i thought i was a goner and i ended up on AD,S for the last 12 months
    Never did find out what it all was to be honest it just went eventually

I,m still hear and feeling back to normal apart from ibs and stomach issues controlled by meds .

I didn,t believe any Doctor i seen that i was going to be ok and it wasn,t anything seriuos , the only thing that got my head around it all (eventually )was this time scale ...ie how long it had all been going on for and the fact i was still around . When i accepted that the full blood counts and the scans meant there was nothing wrong and 5-6 months i was still around , then i started to slowly get better .

The problem i had now i look back was the "not knowing" what it was . It drives us mad and we think all sorts .
    You have had the tests , its been 6 months and you have put on 1/2 stone your going to be fine mate .

I moved Doctors a few weeks ago and went to see the head GP, he had a thorough feel of my stomach and said it felt fine but he would send me for another ultrasound to make sure everything was ok and run some blood tests. I got a cancelation and had my 2nd ultrasound on Saturday which he was very thorough he was pressing really hard and took his time on my right upper quadrant so long that I panicked thinking he had found something but thankfully he said he can't find anything and everything looks fine. That was a big relief. So I phoned to arrange blood tests today and I'm now freaking out again because one of the tests is a CA199 blood test and after googling iv found out that test is for pancreatic cancer! I feel ok and still have the ache but I can't help thinking why is he testing me for that if he said he was pretty sure it isn't malignant :(

How are you getting on Mike?....I had the same symptoms as you last year and dispite stool samples, blood tests and an ultrasound, I was still convinced I had something sinister going on. Especially as my Dad died of BC at a young age (50) and I'm now in my mid 30's.

Anyway the only thing that eventually settled my mind was when I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy which both came back clear. Although I did have to go private to have these done but I'm lucky enough to get private health care through my job.

I do occasionally get flare ups but I can only put it down to be a muscular problem. Its doesn't help that since then I've gone on to worry about many other things going on with my body...so my HA is still VERY much alive!

Hope you are feeling better.

My Doctor said there was nothing wrong with me... but when I checked on the internet I found out that I'd been clinically dead for months!

I have had 3 endoscopies, nothing to worry about, honestly, you get a sedative. I have a small hiatus hernia that cause similar symptoms,but omeprazole keeps it under control
    Your Doctor is just being thorough and eliminating the worst possible scenarios Be thankful, most Doctors don't do that !!
    Kathy x

Hi, My new GP has been brilliant the bloods came back normal and although i still get the ache its not as bad infact it eases off a bit when i burp so iv started drinking fizzy drinks to help me burp but on the downside i think the caffeine has heightened my anxiety but i am coping very well at the moment so im a lot happier.

Mike,

I have read your posts and it could be me!! All your symptoms .. I have right side pain which I describe as a constant burning stitch!! Now back pain too! Mine started back in Feb 2010 and other than a few months off it has been constant, worse at night too. I have had 2 abdominal scans and several blood tests, all fine!! But like you Im still not convinced! Always told its anxiety.. I didnt have anxiety until this REAL pain. I have had full spine MRI and all fine, in fact that gonsultant said go back to gp and get endoscopy, sounds GI. Thats tomorrows plan.. I too am convined its something ba.. my dad dies 8 years ago of stomach C which was misdiagnosed for 2 years!! so you can imagine how I feel. Im glad yours has improved and stay focussed that if it was something bad after this time you would not be well... Good luck you are not alone!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information