Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 months of ache/pain

Re: 3 months of ache/pain

Mike2512 everything you have i have and if you read all my early posts like every1 of them are all the same me just whinging and panicking about this horrible pain/feeling etc that the doc just kept turning me away saying anxiety etc but finally they put me on omeprazole and they are good i also take gaviscon 20mins b4 eating (which some1 told me to do on here) and this does help i still get the feeling wen i eat certain thin just not as bad as i did back them (well i hvae it tonight as i just had jacket spud / tuna mayo and a tub of butter and i think its the butter thats kicked it off.. is there any foods that make it worse for you ?

I'm not sure? I'm so paranoid about it being something serious I havnt noticed. I have been eating loads I certainly havnt lost my appetite and have put about half a stone on,
    I am going back to the gym this morning (That may well kill me lol) I am not looking forward to it and the anxiety has already started in my head- what if I collapse on the treadmill etc but I'm sick of it ruling my life I'm going to do it anyway and if I die then at least I won't have this daily battle with anxiety. (touch wood I won't tho). Thanks for replying it really helps I don't know what I'd do without this site.

So seen a different GP again! And he said he isn't concerned about this abdominal pain??!! It is basically an uncomfortable ache even after a full nights sleep I feel it. I'm really scared there just brushing me off as another anxiety case :-(

Right fella, here goes. What you have in terms of pain sounds identical to my case. Right upper side pain which is not made worse or better by eating. I have had this for three years and like you become over come with anxiety that something serious wrong. To cut a long story short and after many visits to gp I was told it was muscular.....which my mind would not accept. I went to a chiro who did some work which did not relieve the stabbing pain, so he sent a letter to my gp saying I needed an X-ray or scan which my doc reluctantly agreed to (X-ray of spine). I had x ray, then was callled by my gp to say I needed to go back for another x ray as second opinion needed.....as you can imagine I panicked. Anyway turns out my stomach pain was coming from a problem with my back. Not serious just bone spurs giving revered muscle pain. When I get anxious the pain can be unbearable. There's a very easy test to tell if it's muscular called a positive garnets. If you lie down and lift your head or clench you torso it will either make pain worse or better. To be honest if you have had all them tests i would stop worrying as they would have ruled out all major issues. Why not go see a physio or chiro and see if they can help with the muscular issues? Take care. Tb4

Hi Mike,
    thought Id jump on this thread as similar happenend to me bout a year ago. I had upper right quadrant pain that got worse it kept me awake at night and the more stressed about it I got the worse it became. In the end I went to the out of hours doc at about 3 one morning-I ended up being scanned for gall stones ( which I didnt have ) then had an endoscopy-also negative. At this point like you I was convinced it was serious and something had been missed ! I ended up going to out of hours again a few weeks later in pain-the doctor was quite strict and basically said take omeprazole -its just indigestion-and do you know he was right !¬ i had unwittingly made the pain worse by taking anti inflamatories for the pain and this had irritated my stomach more. It took a good 6 weeks for the omeprazole to work and I could eat without discomfort. I recognize a lot of your symptoms and its an awful pain I know but stick with the omep-this may be all it is. Hope this reassures you

A have persuaded the doctor to let me have blood tests ie full blood count, liver function etc. Am I right in thinking my bloods will be abnormal if there's a problem? Or won't they be affected?

Hi Mike
    A full blood count checks white and red blood cells,iron.thyroid function, b12 levels etc it also checks your ESR which is an inflammatory marker-SO if theres anything going on in the body this will be affected. There may be other things your GP may check for as well but these are the main ones-SO the answer to your question is yes if theres a problem it should show in bloods. ( Im a health care worker so know a few things !-however this makes me a natural hypochondriac ) I think if after all the tests have proved theres nothing wrong you ll probably chill more! When you said in your original thread that pain killers made the pain worse thats what made me think maybe its not muscular but stomach irritation-google indigestion and see if your symptoms fit and keep taking omeprazole. Good Luck Matey

Thanks mate your replys have helped settle me a little.

Just checked my last bloods I had done in July and my ESR was 5mm/h

Mike ...PAINKILLERS ARE THE WRONG THING TO TAKE ..Get some Buscopan they relieve the pain caused by Muscle spasms .in the digestive tract .t/c Sue x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information