Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety is killing me

Question Anxiety is killing me

I have had panic attacks for over 7 years now. it started when i was 19 due to stress in university and not being happy in my life. it hinders my life all the time. in the last couple of years i was in seroxat which has improved my panic and i could get out of my house alone but i was still anxious and made me aggressive and affected my sexual life. i have stopped it for couple months now and i feel so anxious, can't get out of the house without someone i trust/know and although i am 26 i feel like a child as i can't leave home without my parents as i will get a panic attack. its so difficult i can't work, do exams, study even watch a movie i don't have a life. i feel really bad but i don't want to go on medications again as they are really addictive and getting off seroxat was the worst time in my life. do ppl with panic get the same attachment to ppl they know and feel scared of the outside world? Can anybody help me? i need help

Re: Anxiety is killing me

Hi Andy I know where you are coming from with the panic and anxiety it's the pits. Also one of my daughters suffered bad panic attacks she finished uni last year and it was down to that and splitting with her boyfriend. The thing with my daughter she didn't dwell on her panics and she does get them from time to time. Me on the other hand let them get a hold of me or I used to. I have anxiety at the moment but I have just had a marriage break up. Sorry for going on but what helped me was Claire weekes book called self help for your nerves and peace from nervous suffering. It helps with all the frightening feelings that comes with anxiety. It's one of the best books out. good luck.

Cathy xx

Hiya!! I rely on my parents loads i can't go shopping without them. I used to get really bad panic attacks if they left me alone in the house or if i didn't know where they were. thats go better now but i feel like a little kid who needs babysitting.

I've had em since I was like 12, back then i didnt know what it could have been and told my mum i had had a nightmare(12 is abit old for one but a panic attack at that age seems like one). Since then i have had them on and off, in 09 I had them all the time, i would come home from work some days as i just couldnt cope. The past year they've been at there worst with having a little brother thats disabled and been self harming due to this. I failed my 2nd year of uni and am having to re-take. Until i found this site, i never fort there was a place where people would actually openly discuss this type of thing. My mates just use it as a way of mocking me, Im definately guna use this site anytime im down/anxious from now on. Lets hope the tablets I just got work otherwise my 5 year gf isnt guna be around much longer...

Hi there sounds like you are having a tough time at the moment. I have found this site to be a real help and i'm sure you will too. It's good to be able to talk to people who are experiencing what you are and that you are not on your own!
    I too suffer from anxiety and have done for many years, i have good and bad times and at the moment am switching tablets so am hoping like you they will help.
    I have to say your friends don't sound like real mates to me as mocking you is not in the least bit helpful.
    If you would like to chat any more i would be happy to listen x

andy ? .....did you just stop the meds or did you come off them slowly ( as is recommended ) ?

noggin thanks, i didn't say anything about my friends mocking me and pammy at the beginning my doctor wanted me to come off quickly but i refused and would dec 5 mg every 2 months but it was still terrible

Sorry hope i didnt speak out of turn x

Sorry Got my reply about the mocking mixed up with a reply some one sent to you x

its ok don't worry about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information