Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram Diary

Citalopram Diary

Starterd Citalopram today. After seeing a few other posts I thought It would be good to keep a wee diary from day 1.

Reason ive been prescribed - Anxiety
    Recent symptoms - Tingling in hands and feet, chest pain, zaps and cold feeling in back of head, headaches.

Day 1

Took at about half 2 this afternoon. Dont feel any difference still feeling quite anxious from the tingling/cold feeling im having in the back of my head and the headache. Dont know if this could be tension? Have started off on 10mg a day and will move up to 20mg on Sunday!! Really hoping this works as recently anxiety has been debilitating.
    x

Re: Citalopram Diary

I'd like to tag along if I may! I have also started Citalopram today...well, not actually started yet as I intend to take the first one before I go to bed! I've been given 20mg to start with for depression, perhaps we can compare our experiences?

Good Luck!

I've taken it!

But I'm not going to bed yet...bit worried about some of the side effects but hoping the long term benefits will outweigh some short term s***.

Can you have a drink with this drug? I fancy a glass of wine!

Yeh we can compare

Think one wee glass of wine would be fine...from what I have read on here it shouldnt cause any problems.!

I currently have an agonising migraine!! Nothing to do with meds...knew it was coming had tingly numb feeling all week :(

Bed for me with a cold flannel x

Just don't take NSAIDs for the headache, i've written it in another forum topic here. You can take paracetamol for it, that's what i know for sure.

Hi, I find taking the tablet straight After food is best. It stops me from feeling nauseous.
    I take it straight after cereals in the morning now.

Still got migraine!! Hubby went to chemist and they have given me Syndol. Does anyone know if this is safe to take whilst on Citalopram. Cant find anything on leaflet to say otherwise?

x

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkman View Post
    Hi, I find taking the tablet straight After food is best. It stops me from feeling nauseous.
    I take it straight after cereals in the morning now.
    Right...think I'll change my time to early evening after dinner.

Kaidensmum, I hope you get your migraine sorted.

Took my second tablet today as planned at 2pm! Was in bed most of day with migraine and had 3 Syndol altogether between 2pm and 9pm. About 9 oclock I started getting anxious and googling symptoms of heartbeat in stomach and ended up having a huge panic attack convincing myself I had an Aortic Aneurysm and ended up in A + E. Of course they basically laughed at me, told me I have a tension headache and the only way I will feel better is if I relax. Feel a bit silly now but still uptight! I am in no way attributing this to the meds because I think this would have happened anyway! Will see how we go :( xx

In contrast I've had my second and, err, nothing's happened yet. Which is fine by me.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information