Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For Diane.....

Re: For Diane.....

Di

Sumo is the most friendly dog in the world. If you came into my house, he'd be on your knee before you even had the chance to sit down. BUT he's not good at all with young kids. There was this one time when Ben was at nursery school, i tied the dog up outside until i took Ben in, when i got back out, i was just untying his lead when a little girl came over and went to pet him. The dog snarled at her and went to bite her but by luck, i had a hold of the lead and yanked him back. I was mortified as he had never done this before.

He's growelled at other kids since then but most of the time he won't. I don't take the chance though and make sure if young kids are near him then i'm on my hunkers beside them.

He NEVER does this with adults or even older kids but for some reason, i think younger kids intimidate him and i don't know why.

You said Perdy was in season mate, could this possibly contributed to her actions?

xxxxx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

So sorry this happened Di. As much as we love our pets they're still animals with animal instincts. And I guess at times they swing between being our loving "pet" and for some unknown reason an unpredictable animal. I think young children can frighten/threaten animals with their quick, unpredictable reflexes/actions and loud voices. And sometimes perhaps jealousy plays a role too, especially with certain breeds.

Whatever it was that provoked this attack I fully understand your sentiments and predicament. Only you know what's best for your daughter and her safety and I'm sure you'll do the right thing.

Much love and hugs. You know I'm only a PM away if you want a chat or need a bit of MM cheering up...

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi Di,

Awww Di, what a predicament to be in. Sumo is obviously a very loved boy but of course your daughter comes first. Maybe children intimidate him or he may feel that he can dominate them? Has Sumo been castrated?

Sending you hugs xx Di xx

Big hugs for you diane xxxxxxx

sarah xx

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine-lady View Post
    Awww Di, what a predicament to be in. Sumo is obviously a very loved boy but of course your daughter comes first. Maybe children intimidate him or he may feel that he can dominate them? Has Sumo been castrated?

Sending you hugs xx Di xx

Sumo is my dog hun lol

So sorry Di , Love and hugs to you and your family and the doggie

Paige xxx

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    Sumo is my dog hun lol

lol I know, I call my dogs 'my boys' xxx

You have all been so lovely in your comments and it has made me cry at times, not in a bad way but just because of the support for me, i do wish everyone in the none computer world could be the same.

My daughter and my dog, its too easy to sit and judge when its not there household that has fallen apart.

I have had to work so long today and haven't had much time to reply to anything, i do thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your support.

You are all amazing people who actually care even though most of us have never even met.

Don't know how i'd cope without you all.

I have spoken to lisa by the way about my dog being in season and no she finished last week, and i will pm my lovely friends who have sent the most precious pms to me, don't think i've forgotten you, i've been on a long working day today and didn't get home till 8.20pm, i will message you back.

Thank you all for your lovely messages and thoughts

di xxx

My dog gets rehomed in the morning, and everyone is making me feel so bad, damn people, don't realise how hard this is.................just ranting!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information