Thread: intrusive thoughts worried

intrusive thoughts worried

please can any one tell me if they get intrusive thoughts as i had them a few mnths ago and i freaked out got really scared because wat i was thinking and and couldnt stop ctrying over it i went to see my gp and he said it was normal to think like that and he gave me a few numbers to ring if i got them again but this morning ive started to get them back and i dont want to tell my gp incase he sends me to a mental place i know deep down there is nothing mentaly wrong with me but i get scared when i get theses thoughts as i start to think that there is something mentaly wrong with me . i have had a bad few weeks wuth stress with problems with my children and financial problems i just want some one to tell me that they get them and it is normally and how can i stop them keep coming back

Re: intrusive thoughts worried

hi trisha
    please dont worry you are not alone in this it is a horrible nasty part of anxiety
    the worse part as far as im concerned, i had them really bad all different things from harming myself to harming others and a few other things that i wont mention thankfully with the help of meds i havnt had them for a while and pray to god i never get them again .
    i hope yours go soon try your best to relax and just think of something else and ignore them they are only thoughts not real

take care,, janet x

Re: intrusive thoughts worried

These are normal. That's all you can cling to- they are intrusive thoughts. They are meant to be distressing, otherwise they couldn't be called intrusive thoughts.

I have them and have had them so bad I literally thought I couldn't cope.

The solution? I'll let you know when I find it. But right now, I can just tell you how I get through it- by reminding myself they don't matter, no matter how tortured I feel. They are a normal common symptom of anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder.

Try reading this PDF: http://www.ocduk.org/pure-o

Thread Information