Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: is it me ? NO ITS NOT - lol

Is there not the option still in chat to create a new room?

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Hi Kate,

It would be nice to have 2 rooms -
    silly chat and life chat..or any other ideas ?

Not everyone wants to talk in one liners all the time ,
    the problem is when everyones in a silly mood it makes some sufferers feel even worse and that they are a killjoy.

Someone tells us no one would visit the other room
    (maybe people would feel too intimidated to visit another room)
    which would be a shame for those.
    It was just an idea.

mirryx

Ok guys here goes.....I see this from both sides honestly !!!

I have been a member for a few years and have been a regular visitor to the chat room. I know there are always a range of topics and a range of people who visit chat.

Let my state that I am not a fuddy duddy or a prude...far from it I love a giggle with the best of you!!! I'd give you a run for your money lol

I have visited chat lots of times this year and I can honestly say I have had one decent conversation...it wasn't about anxiety/panic but it was about life....children...men bashing lol but I really enjoyed it!!

I will say that as of late I have visited chat and it does seem that the context of chat is that of a sexual nature...and I also visited chat in a time of dispair and really needed some comfort and reasurence...I stated this and got one reply and then the conversation deterioted back to a sexual nature and one liners...so I left feeling no better!!!

I am fully aware that we don't want talk about our problems all day every day[Sigh...] I certainly do not!!! But it would be nice to chat about life...children...men and I HAVE tried to drop this into chat but with no reply. I suppose it does take the right people at the right time to have these conversations!!

I have noticed that people enter chat and ask a question or information and they may get a reply and then the conversation will deteriote into a sexual nature again....so they leave probably feeling no better!!

NOW I STATE i am not tarring people with the same brush just to make that clear!!!! Also i am not saying that this happens all the time but IT DOES go on in chat and a lot of the time I can't be bothered to join in on the sexual comments so I leave and have a game of online pool lol

Right thats me done lol god aren't I brave !!!

Tara xx

Oh dear - the chat room does seem to cause a few problems.

I have to be honest and say that I rarely go in now but I do like to think that it is not being abused again.

We had a few weeks when all it was in there was sex talk and new members were put off by it.

Yes you can still create new rooms - someone just has to create it and then others can visit if they want to.

Let's try and keep it a place that people want to go as I know how many people appreciate the live chat at times.

Happy chatting!

Nicola

Hi Mirry and Ammeg,

I too like Nic very rarely go into chat anymore as I found it got rather silly in there a while back.
    I can see this from both side, yes people like to go in and laugh and joke and try to forget their anxiety, but also others do like to go in for reassurance and understanding.
    Maybe you should create your own 'chill out' room Ammeg for everyone who wants a laugh and joke and then others can use the main room for serious discussions, and any new users wont be put off by any 'other' topics that are being discussed.

The chatroom is supposed to be helpful and fun, so lets keep it that way.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Have to say that i've been in chat tonight for a few hours and serious discussions were not ignored. It's not very clear for new members that there are two rooms, so maybe that needs clarifying.

The folks in the chat room really lifted me when I was feeling very low and I really enjoyed being cheered up.

There's also private chat for those who want it, but again it's not always clear to new members as to how it works.

Thats nice to hear Dee that Tonight you were given a serious conversation.
    Id hate to think of youngters going in there for help with there panic and to read what i have read...........
    I dont like to go in there and read about gay sexual acts or any other sexual talk - it was disgusting.
    However that is obviously not always the case and you sound like you were lucky, I have in the past had a nice chat in there but lately i think of the chat room as a waste of time because i dont like to hear about gay sexual acts or any other sexual talk., they just wouldnt stop the dirty banter even when other people tried to bring the tone up!
    I am not a prude at all ,I am just speaking up for the many people on this site who are too Ill with anxiety to say what they really think,really want or really need.
    Hopefully this thread has made anyone who uses the chat room rethink how they use it. I didnt want a war about it but somethings just need saying and I hope ive made no enemys but if i have then i dont mind if ive made a difference.

mirryx

Hiya

I agree Mirry that two rooms would be good - I think if you set another one up it would be great.

I don't go in very often, but have always found everyone very friendly and supportive apart from once about 3 months ago which I must say put me off!

I think sometimes I would want a serious chat and sometimes just to be silly and have fun and distract myself so two rooms would be brilliant.

I've (luckily) not seen any of the sexual chat which would be inappropriate and probably should be reported? There are plenty of forums for that kind of thing!!

Annmeg I really don't think Mirry was criticising you or anyone on a personal level - she clearly is not the only one that is interested in a different style of room....

Is it the time people are using it that is significant - I tend only to look in late at night when I'm feeling anxious and have enjoyed a giggle many times - perhaps people have more serious chat in the day?

Thank you for raising this - I had thouht about it too!

JFDI it Mirry!!!

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Hi there,

I'm reasonably new to the chat room and found it a great source of comfort the other night. I was having a REALLY bad day; not anxiety-wise, but personal problems. There was, admittedly, quite a lot of 'banter', and it was of a sexual nature but it wasn't what I would call offensive. There WAS some flirting going on, but I didn't really take the whole thing seriously.

When I actually brought up my personal problem, the joking stopped and everyone seemed genuinely concerned and I was quite touched. I have seen other people enter the chat room whilst 'banter' has been in full flow and say they're feeling crappy and immediately the banter stopped and there was, again, real sympathy.

Howver, I do understand that some of the talk that goes on is not to everyone's taste and I think that it's good that it's been brought to everyone's attention that there is the option to speak in another room.

But I, personally, found myself literally laughing out loud the other night in the chat room and I think it's great that we have somewhere to unload AND have a real laugh. So long may the chat room rule!!

That's my piece said anyway!!

Shiv x

ummm ok!
    so afew of you must have completely misunderstood my post!! i dont go in chat in the evenings- i go on in the day, we dont have any banter and we talk about everything from panic to who wants kids and how much of a pain they are!!!
    Trac67- i dont want to create a chillout room- i never said anything about just wanting fun in the chatroom!!
    Feege- i didnt think mirry was critising me on a personal level, no1 had replied to her so I thought i would reply on behalf of all me chat butties- i spoke to several yesterday and they were glad i replyed as we are worried that new people will be put of chat now by mirrys message that we mainly talk about sex etc!!!
    Oh and there is a separate room for if you need any help, but I find most people who come on in the day just want cheering up!!
    As shiv said as soon as they mentioned they had a problem people stop and try and help!! again mirry i am sorry if you go on there and dont get help and i am afraid u do have to tell people your not havin a good day!! i think it was a good idea to start up this thread mirry as it gets our thoughts out into the open!!! good one!!!
    All i would like to say to every1 is chat is helpful and has helped loads and loads of people through bad times- it isnt always jokin but if u do need a cheering up its the place to go as well!!
    Ammegxxxx

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information