Thread: vCJD

Exclamation vCJD

hi im kevin... and i have most of the symptom that involve vCJD.Im worried that i might have this because this dizzyness and numbness is beyond normal!! everyone thinks im going mad but iknow im not faking or exagerating these feelings.. im also forgetting things and my friends notice me doing weird stuff and asking me if im okay, its too embarrassing.However i need to accept these horrible feelings are anxiety and nothing else and hope for the best in the future :(... cant anyone re-assure me or something ive been having these symptoms for about 2-3 months now and they dont seem to be going away anytime soon.

-kevin

Re: vCJD

Most of the symptoms are also the same as those caused by anxiety, but go to your GP and get tested to put your mind at rest.

Kevin,

Nobody born after 1989 has ever contracted VCJD.

BSE was likely out of the food chain by 1990/1991, the emergence of the first infected person happened in 1994 which is why the news stories eminate from then and there was a cull of many cows.

If you have never had a blood transfusion then there is a slight possibility you may have contracted it, by slight I mean miniscule.

As you have probably only just had a BCG innoculation then (this is another proposed cause) you wont be showing symptoms yet.

As I believe you are 16 and born in 94/95 you are not going to have vCJD. Dont worry about it. What you do have is accute anxiety which is very closely mimicing what you are frightend of.

Please enjoy the rest of your holiday and get on with your life.

thanks downsouthdevil, u re-assured me, but guess i need to get over my problem myself and just accept my body is run down with anxiety and stress :/ anyway thanks mate for taking time to reply and educate me, may i ask have u suffered from this type of anxiety?

YEs mate, I am currently suffering with this, but doing my best to carry on as normal.

Its the second time in 6 years this fear has taken ahold of me and is causing a wide variety of symptoms at the moment. However Im just getting on with my life and trying to rationalise what is happening.

im really sorry mate, ur a nice guy and no-one deserves this (iknow how ur feeling) lets just hope for the best we can overcome this horrible feeling :/ if u ever want to talk just mail me.

-kevin

Thread Information