Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coming off (Cipralex) Escitalopram

Re: Coming off (Cipralex) Escitalopram

Hello Tara,
    I'm pleased to have found this site because I have been suffering from dizzy spats, fatigue and deep thinking about bereavement.
    I was worried why I was having this and it came to surface that I have not taken my Escitalopram for about a week.
    Don't know why I have not taken it. I simply forgot (feeling better after five months I guess).
    Anyway, I was very reassured to read your replies and link to the symptoms.
    I was suffering from panic attacks which led to very heavy drinking for which I have now stopped for several months.
    Since I forgot to take my meds, I have had strong urges to drink again but no anxiety. (not consumed alcohol either)
    I have since restarted my programme and intend to consult my GP next week.
    This is helpful for me and hope it's of at least some use to you.
    Thank you for posting this, speaking out. I have found good from your post.

Kingsley.

Hiya guys, I have recently come off Cipralex. I was on 10mg for about 8 months, gradually it felt the same like all the others i have tried, making me feel angry and irratable and this one made me gain 2 stone in weight (24 pounds) so when my current set ran out i did not go to the pharmacy for me. I spoke to my doc and he said basically it was daft but can see my reasons for going straigt withdrawl. Now the withdrawl itself is interesting, i basically feel horrible. No memory, getting zap all over body, heart palps, anxious, can't sleep, spats of mania. it is crazy. my sister in law who is a mental health nurse basically said i will be like this for minimum 2 weeks but in some ppl these feelings can last about 3 months.

I still take my bedranol beta blocker tho, as this seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Furby View Post
    Hiya guys, I have recently come off Cipralex. I was on 10mg for about 8 months, gradually it felt the same like all the others i have tried, making me feel angry and irratable and this one made me gain 2 stone in weight (24 pounds) so when my current set ran out i did not go to the pharmacy for me. I spoke to my doc and he said basically it was daft but can see my reasons for going straigt withdrawl. Now the withdrawl itself is interesting, i basically feel horrible. No memory, getting zap all over body, heart palps, anxious, can't sleep, spats of mania. it is crazy. my sister in law who is a mental health nurse basically said i will be like this for minimum 2 weeks but in some ppl these feelings can last about 3 months.

I still take my bedranol beta blocker tho, as this seems to help.

Furby, these withdrawal symptoms will pass.

I had all of these when I came off Cipralex earlier this year. It was like when I first started them, with all of the same effects as you describe - heightened anxiety, the body and head zaps (especially at night when laying down to sleep) and that 'out of body' feeling.

It is good you have the beta blocker to take the edge off things though.

All the best and good luck.x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information