Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head pressure, tension headache.

Head pressure, tension headache.

I've had a worsening one for what seems like months.
    It's a pressure around my head, over my temples, down my neck, the back of my neck where my head meets my spine is horrible tense. I feel like my head is just being squeezed constantly. It's got so bad that I can't even sit still comfortably or lay down because the pressure gets worse.
    Anybody else had anything of the sort?
    I have pains behind my eyes, pressure behind my eyes and my nose. ARGHhH.
    Nurofen just doesn't seem to touch it!.
    Massage doesn't help.
    Heat isn't helping :(
    I'm dizzy so spending most of my days just around the same area of the house.
    I'm thinking brain tumour with all my other symptoms at this severity :/
    I don't know how it's got this far, to feeling this bad 24/7 from the symptoms I used to post on here a year or so ago.
    I have daily tingles, numbness, in every part of my body, weakness, dizziness constantly, temperature waves, hot legs, hot arms, always feelin faint hard to breathe and moree, racing heart, poundin heart, dissoriented, vertigo.
    I used to think THAT was bad! Now look at me :<
    Last edited by MidnightCalm; 30-08-11 at 10:43.

Re: Head pressure, tension headache.

It's been lasting all day, just now and it's still going on I've been walking up and down the street for an hour or more feeling on the verge of collapsing, legs wobbling, breathing weird, head hurting, feeling very heavy like I'm being pushed down into the ground, dizzy and not able to place my feet.
    I'm scared I have been worryin about anxiety these years thinking it's getting worse when really I could have something serious.
    Whats worse is I can't do cars so I wouldn't be able to get to the doctor and I have a phobia of doctors and hearing the worse or collapsing in there or on the way.
    I have felt cocnstantly this bad for about a month with every hour or so getting these mad horrible things :(
    The only thing helping me is thinking if it comes and goes then it can't be serious.
    I can't sleep much :(

Sorry to go on, I also keep making myself throw up because it relieves the pressure in my belly.

I just feel that if this is anxiety it has become so accute that it's constant and the symptoms are massive and the only way I can get out of it now is if I'm just put on some mind numbing body relaxing drugs for a while whilst my body revives.

Sorry to hear ur so bad. The symptoms will stop but u have to relax. U can stay away from meds but u will need to speak to someone about ur troubles.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with u but u have to relax. U will get through this x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

I hopes so :(
    Has anybody had these symptoms 24/7?x

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightCalm View Post
    It's been lasting all day, just now and it's still going on I've been walking up and down the street for an hour or more feeling on the verge of collapsing, legs wobbling, breathing weird, head hurting, feeling very heavy like I'm being pushed down into the ground, dizzy and not able to place my feet.
    I'm scared I have been worryin about anxiety these years thinking it's getting worse when really I could have something serious.
    Whats worse is I can't do cars so I wouldn't be able to get to the doctor and I have a phobia of doctors and hearing the worse or collapsing in there or on the way.
    I have felt cocnstantly this bad for about a month with every hour or so getting these mad horrible things :(
    The only thing helping me is thinking if it comes and goes then it can't be serious.
    I can't sleep much :(
    This sounds like me 3 months ago. I couldn't function. I was at work and had to leave as I had all these symptoms and I felt like I was dying. It was awful. I took a week off work but the rest didn't help. I ended up back at the doctors and was prescribed anti depressants and betablockers. I only took the betablockers and they have helped enormously. It sounds like your body is living on constant adrenaline and you need to give it a holiday from it so you can get better. The betablockers do zonk me out a bit but it's a small price to pay for getting rid of the awful anxiety symptoms that adrenaline causes. Please see if you can get in at your doctors asap. You don't need to put up with these symptoms. Your body is crying out to you to fix it xx

Quote Originally Posted by Carrera74 View Post
    This sounds like me 3 months ago. I couldn't function. I was at work and had to leave as I had all these symptoms and I felt like I was dying. It was awful. I took a week off work but the rest didn't help. I ended up back at the doctors and was prescribed anti depressants and betablockers. I only took the betablockers and they have helped enormously. It sounds like your body is living on constant adrenaline and you need to give it a holiday from it so you can get better. The betablockers do zonk me out a bit but it's a small price to pay for getting rid of the awful anxiety symptoms that adrenaline causes. Please see if you can get in at your doctors asap. You don't need to put up with these symptoms. Your body is crying out to you to fix it xx
    I know I need help, I had beta blockers at one point I took them for a while but I just stopped them, my anxiety wasn't as bad at the time but I was on a very low dose 20mg once a day which I think wasn't enough, I should really try and get hold of some more maybe a higher dose.
    I was on Sertraline but that just made me feel awful for the whole time of taking it so I stopped.
    I dodn't know what to do it's constant, painful, scary, I feel lie I'm going to die at ieast 5 times a day, I used to get nice quiet nights when the anxiety faded but now it doesn't fade and follows through the night, I get woken up by it tooo.

hi

i get headaches on a regular basis too. they are not debilitating but can be worrying however i do have very stiff muscles in my neck and shoulders which i think can cause it i also grind my teeth when im anxious so im sure this gives me a tension headache too.

its scary i know i also get some other neurological looking symptoms like muscle twitching, feeling dizzy and spaced out, 'tired' eyes and ringing in the ears. this has been going on for a couple of months now and comes and goes.

have you been to your doctor?

I had a headache for two weeks. I took paracetemol and ibuprofen. The only cure was acknowledging it was anxiety.

x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information