Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tingling - symptoms won't go away!

Unhappy tingling - symptoms won't go away!

hi all, had tingling in right calf for over 2 months now. get symptoms elsewhere but the main area of concern is the tingly/buzzing/crawling feeling in my right calf muscle. it all started with a few panicky episodes and feelings of general unease. i went to the doctors who sent me for blood tests which came back perfect. i went back again and he told me it was anxiety related. despite leading a somewhat normal life (except the daily worry) e.g. playing football, working, playing guitar etc, i always feel likle these symptoms are present. my questions are: can anxiety affect a particular part of one's body (e.g. right calf)?? Why is there no on-off switch for symptoms?? is it definately anxiety?? I worry about MS and other neurological diseases. i'd appreciate comments & replies. regards

Hi pAULspybeef

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: tingling - symptoms won't go away!

I hate that feeling. I get the tingling in my lower arms and down into my hands, it's like a cold tingly feel. It makes me feel even more stressed when I get it. Try not to worry. It is a horrible feeling, but just try to accept it as the more stressed you get about it sometimes it makes it worse. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi

I just posted a thread and I mentioned this, think it is what I get - it frightens me massively.

I am usually really hot with it, and I call it the "rush" - it is always in my arms and I feel very weak with it.

Although horrible, it will go and you will still be OK after it.

Take lots of care - hope you feel better soon.

i feel like this all the time my legs go cold and im constantly worried i have some sort of disease or infection.. i think my mind is playing tricks on me but im scared, wishing u all the best and a speedy recovery. - ryan

thanks for the comments guys. do you get seemingly constant physical symptoms too?

Welcome Paul!

Trust me anxiety is programmed to last. Especially if your anxious.

If you worry you will get a headache you will sure as hell get one. If you worry its a brain tumour I gurantee youll have the same headache for weeks.

Its not easy to accept but try to and then start to ignore it. It will go away when you stop caring.

Love Gem x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Arms and legs tingles - all the time and for many many years.

Its caused by nervous tension and stress,

Over time you will learn to ignore it but until then the best thing to do is exercise. A long brisk walk is good. If you can run - do that. If your scared to go out , press ups or sit ups or even dance to your fave music.

Sounds crazy i know but will all make sense after a while.

You have to let the stress out or stop getting stressed. Stress is like a kettle of water gaining heat - when it reaches boiling point it lets off a load of steam.

So turn off the heat or let out the steam.

I used to get this in my left foot and leg..& I still get it in my left arm. It probably gets worse when you concentrate on it right?
    I am not going to die from a heart attack - it is just anxiety.

v. survived, surviving, survives
    v.intr. 1. To remain alive or in existence.
    2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
    3. To remain functional or usable

v.tr. 1. To live longer than; outlive
    2. To live, persist, or remain usable through
    3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information