Thread: shopping places

shopping places

Hi just wondering i know the lights pobably make me feel like this but what else could, i went into ikea and i dont like it because its so big and not easy to come out of if i feel bad, but i get weak/dizzy feeling and a horrible feeling inside but doesnt feel like panic. just very unwell in a strange sense, is it the same thing a panic situation making feel so bad.

c.lambert

HIya
    Yes I know what you mean - I so know what you mean - I cant go in any shop unless I can see a clear exit - supermarkets are scary as they are huge and its a long way to go to walk out if a panic starts but at least you can leave whereas Ikea you have to go round a certain way which makes me feel trapped!!
    Wherever I go I have to see the exit eg sit at the end of a row in the cinema near an exit etc.

I have lived with this for a long time and like you - I hate it but just try to live through it
    Hang on in there and e mail me anytime - Wenjoy

The lights in these shops can do funny things to your eyes too that can make you feel funny, they are not natural light and that can affect you. i got worse vertigo in shops when they had 'strip' lighting

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi.

I know what you mean. You probably feel very enclosed don't you? I would say its the same thing as a panic attack. Am I right in saying that you feel enclosed? Keep smiling.

Scooby2005
    x x

Yes scooby, must be the fact the the bigger the store the more enclosed you feel, even with out relising it. i have had panic/dizzy spells in shops and this seems to be the result. I think with ikea like the previous replies said its not easy to get out off, even though i did not think that, but we must in the back of our minds. I am sure it does have a lot to do with the lighting in these large stores.

c.lambert

hi
    i totally agree i used to love ikea now it just seems like a giant maze!! im the same with all big stores especially in store where you go up and up and up in escallators arghhh!!

jools xx

Hi - I was due to go to ikea in the half term holiday, but decided against it!! I think its the size, lack of exits and the vast amount of people. I go to Warrington and its always crammed full of people!
    Love Helen

Know what you mean about ikea,i cant go in now with our store its like once your in you have to stay in until you come to the exit,scarey
    joanne

Thread Information