Thread: Bladder cancer?

Bladder cancer?

In a flap as I saw a horrible doctor yesterday who's got me upset. I'm twenty and for a while have been suffering from persistent urinary issues e.g. pain on peeing, difficulty peeing. The doctor (urologist) said he wants to do a cystoscopy within four weeks to see inside my bladder and I am now terrified that he thinks I have cancer. Don't know what to do, he has cancelled all the other hospital treatment I am getting for gynae problems because he says I don't need it. I'm so scared, please help.
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Re: Bladder cancer?

Have a read of countrygirl's posts on here. She just had a cystocopy as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Its highly unlikely you have cancer of the bladder ..They are just checking you out . Sue x

Countrygirl here! I was terrified of having the cystoscopy and it really was fine, I can honestly say that it did not hurt, I had a split second of discomfort as the scope was put up my urethra but I had been told to bear down as if you were weeing at that moment and it worked a treat, so very slight discomfort for less than a second and then once it was in I could not feel a thing.

they fill you bladder with water but again for me I could not tell and then they say afterwards go and get rid of it and it feels strange as its cooler than your body/ The local gel they have put in your urethra means that this pee does not hurt but over next few hours the gel wears off and then it does sting a bit but nothing terrible for me for rest of that day, I also had aching feeling in lower abdomen but again not drastic.

This one test will tell them evryhing they need to know and rule out all the nasty things it could be so be brave and go for it. If I can anyone can!

They would have you in much quicker if cancer was a concern. They are looking after you and exploring all options, investigating. It's anxiety that tricks you and makes you think of the worst illness.

Thread Information