It's that time of year again [Sigh...] thankfully no storms during the winter down here but I see the mention of a thunderstorm for the south this Tuesday... I keep an eye on the strike alert websites and rainfall radars.

My fear of thunder and lightning got worse last year. Have to take all my jewellry off, turn the electricity off and find somewhere to hide away from electrical points, which is a bit difficult (light fittings, plug sockets etc everywhere). I feel as though I'm trapped under the storm with nowhere to hide or escape to and as though something terrible will happen at any moment! I am still unsure whether my current panic attacks and agrophobia have stemed from this fear of thunderstorms or the other way around.

Any advice on this!>>?? (think I need an explanation of the exact dangers or something - maybe even the best place to hide! lol I so wish that I had a nice safe cellar

It's so annoying that whenever I run a search about a phobia/anxiety everyhting that comes up is related to cd/dvd therapy courses.