Thread: a scary panic attack whilst driving

a scary panic attack whilst driving

I'm sure most will know I suffer from health anxiety which has been bad since I hit my head sat and had a concussion.

Unfortunately this led to a panic attack whilst I was driviing. I was on my way to eat out with a friend and I kept seeing blurs in my left eye. This made me anxious and I was annoyed at the traffic I was sitting in. We got to the restaraunt and the wait was too long. We decided to go elsewhere but I wasn't up to the drive.

I'm still having headaches that r on and off and didn't want to have to drive. I figured to just go. Well I was sitting in traffic again and I felt a rush of heat. I was looking out the window and all of a sudden thought I was lost. Couldn't recognise where I was and I was terrified. Everything was distorted and it felt like tunnel vision. I panicked more thinking I've lost my memory and worried about how I was gonna tell my friend. I was panicking, searching for something I recognised then all of a sudden it went away and I knew where I was again. I was so scared and thankfully stationary again.

I know the road I was on so well. Now I'm calmer I know the road I saw in my mind wasn't the road I was meant to be on. It was different and all the traffic had gone. It was like someone put something in my head.

I was so scared and went straight home to cry to my mum. I was scared it wasn't a panic attack and some detrimental effect to my head injury. I've had panic attacks in the past but I'm normally asleep and awoken from them. I'd nvr experienced anything like it

My mum called the gp as she became very worried it was something serious. I knew deep down it was a panic attack but I wasn't gonna risk it.

I feel better now. Just tired. Feel like I need a good nights sleep but I've had one.

Thankfully I've had theraphy today. Came at a gd time. But unfortunately I've relapsed on the fags. I've had 4. Its just so hard with all the anx and stress and depression. I don't want to start smoking again. I really don't but sometimes I stop caring about my health. I care all say everyday and its exhausting.

Its all soooooo exhausting

:( love gem x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

Re: a scary panic attack whilst driving

sorry you had a horrible panic attack i had one to today in the doctors

have a chill the rest of the day xx

Re: a scary panic attack whilst driving

Thanks babe. I forgot how exhausting they can be. Still tired from it all. How r u feeling? X x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

Thread Information