Hopefully somebody on here will have some idea what I'm going through, or be able to offer some advice.

I have been having 'missed beats' for a few years now, they started after i started having paniic attacks. I have had countless ECGs, been referred to a cardiologist twice, had a couple of 24hr monitors, blood tests, echo, apparently fine. I'm not convinced about the echo though because i was initially asked to go back for a 2nd test, but when i queried it they said never mind, apparently the first person that looked at it wasnt quite sure but they showed it to somebody else and they said it was fine. So obviously i'm thinking what on earth was it they werent sure about?!

Anyway, all this time I've been having all these tests to reassure me that these 'missed beats' are nothing to worry about. I've pretty much got my head around those now, they come and go as they please but i only seem to get them in the evening or when i first get up in the morning, so luckily i dont have to deal with them during the day.

I even have them in runs of 15 or so, which my doctor tells me is called bigeminy and he has reassured me that they r totally benign.

Anyway, last Christmas i was led in the bath and my heart suddenly went crazy. It only lasted a few seconds and it was over too quickly for me to feel my pulse and check what was actually going on, but it scared the life out of me. It made me sit up quickly, take a deep breath and cough then it returned to normal.

So i have no idea whether it was regular or irregular, how fast it was or anything but it scared the living daylights out of me. I did a post on here about it.

Since then, this has happened quite a few times. There doesnt seem to be any particular trigger, it can happen during the day or in the evening, sitting, standing, lying in the bath, anything. A few nights ago i was sat watching telly and my heart was in bigeminy, then suddenly my heart went nuts again. It was over within 3 seconds or so, but it just felt like a few REALLY strong beats in a row, i'm not sure of the rhythm exactly but it didnt feel very regular. When it happens i feel the urgent need to sit up and take a deep breath, so i cant actually just sit calmly and take my pulse to find out what's really going on.

I have mentioned it to my doctor and the response was that as long as it sorts itself out within 10 seconds or so then dont worry. The problem is that I'm so scared about what is actually going on. I've read a bit on SVT which apparently is quite common in young people and not really something to worry about, but i dont think thats what it is as SVT is just a fast but regular rate, and mine doesnt feel very regular.

The long and short of it is that i think what i am feeling could be ventricular tachycardia, which seems to be the most dangerous of all the arrhythmias, and I'm terrified that one day it just wont go back into its normal rhythm but will turn into ventricular fibrillation and that'll be the end of me. I googled "ventricular tachycardia is very rare in young people" hoping to reassure myself (i'm 23) but instead it just came up with all these things about it being a leading cause of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome, so as u can imagine I'm now even more scared!!

I just dont know what to do, its no good asking for another monitor as the chance of actaully catching one of these episodes is so slim, but until a doctor sees whats going on i dont think I'll be able to move past this. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut and dont know what to do. This is playing on my mind all the time. Im just so scared.