Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ventricular tachycardia

Re: ventricular tachycardia

I forgot to say that digestion plays a big part in my funny fluttery heart episodes as every bad one has happened about 5 mins after I have either eaten until I am full or eaten too quickly.

I was told my a couple of cardiologists that these normal variations of heart rythm are caused by over stimulation of the vagus nerve and can be from digestion ( nerve lies across top of stomach) to anxiety to stimulants.

Re: ventricular tachycardia

Hi countrygirl,

I guess our bodies are a bit weird! It must be reassuring that you can link yours to eating or posture; that must mean that it's caused by something in your body OTHER than your heart, if that makes sense!

Mine don't seem to be linked to anything. They just happen out of nowhere. I just can't help jumping to the wrong conclusion. I try to tell myself that it won't be anything serious, but I can't help thinking what if next time it doesnt go back to normal? What if what if what if... It definitely helps coming on here and talking to people who can relate. Thanks again everyone for your replies. Next time it happens I'll try and tell myself that if there was anything serious to worry about it would have already shown up on one of my tests, but you know what it's like, different story when your heart suddenly goes crazy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information